Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kicking the tires on ............

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Kicking the tires on ............

Jason Jones. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he's always been a 4-3 DE...don't think he's ever played in a 3-4. But we could be looking into situational type backups on the cheap, since we really have no one of substance behind Heyward and Tuitt right. Can't be worse than Cam Thomas, can he?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think he's always been a 4-3 DE...don't think he's ever played in a 3-4. But we could be looking into situational type backups on the cheap, since we really have no one of substance behind Heyward and Tuitt right. Can't be worse than Cam Thomas, can he?

Def cant be worse than Cam. Would rather take that money and put it toward Beachum, or Weddle

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Def cant be worse than Cam. Would rather take that money and put it toward Beachum, or Weddle

Weddle....please!!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

What if Weddle is looking for $8 million or more a year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    What if Weddle is looking for $8 million or more a year?
    Then he'll be a Raider. He'll only be a Steeler if he is willing to accept a deal similar to what we gave Mike Mitchell and Ladarius Green.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Then he'll be a Raider. He'll only be a Steeler if he is willing to accept a deal similar to what we gave Mike Mitchell and Ladarius Green.
    I'm starting to think he'll go after the money. Something would have been worked out by now if he was willing to accept a lesser deal to be a Steeler. The waiting game continues...

Rookie

User Info Menu

I understand that the Raiders had a lot of cap room, but do they still have enough room after dropping $135.5 million on three guys?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I'm starting to think he'll go after the money. Something would have been worked out by now if he was willing to accept a lesser deal to be a Steeler. The waiting game continues...
    If it was primarily about the money, he would have signed as soon as the new league year opened. So I think the fact that it is dragging out is a good sign for us...he's really considering what he really wants for his remaining NFL years, not just the dollar signs. Oakland has some other advantages over us as well besides just being able to line his pockets, though...he wouldn't have to leave California and he would get to play the Chargers twice a year (and it wasn't exactly an amicable split there). We'll see what happens...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Looks like his ROOKIE year was promising after being picked in the 2nd round and then he leveled off.
    Can't get excited about a guy who started 16 games last year with only 5.5 sacks but his production has been steady.

The Steelers always seem to bring these guys in and get good value out of them.
    At 6'5 - 275 not sure where he fits in the system.....perhaps he adds 15 lbs. and provided much needed depth on the DL??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!