Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency so far

Legend

User Info Menu

Free Agency so far

With all the concern about the defense, the only external signing has been for the offense
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

If the right player isn't out there for us to sign, then they just need to focus on the draft...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

I still wouldn't be surprised if they signed a safety in FA (there are a few of them to pick from)...just might not be one of the higher-priced ones...

Legend

User Info Menu

It would be hard not be able to find a CB or safety that wouldn't be right for the Steelers based on where the Steeler 2ndary had players ranked this past season. As I mentioned in one of the other threads, the offense with or without Green is good enough to win a Super Bowl, the defense is not, unless Jarvis Jones becomes what the Steelers drafted him to be.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

The only starter that we haven't re-signed or replaced yet is Steve McLendon, so I wouldn't be surprised if our first round pick was a DT like Jarran Reed, Andrew Billings, or Vernon Butler, then use both of our day 2 picks to address the secondary (one corner and one safety in whatever order the board dictates), and then maybe a backup DE in round 4 like Jihad Ward or Matt Ioannidis.

Or if we like a corner in the first and think we could still get a solid NT in round 2, maybe they go that route, with something like: 1. CB Eli Apple 2. NT Austin Johnson 3. FS Darien Thompson 4. DE Jihad Ward.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

these teams giving away the insane FA $ crack me up.....
    it is frustrating knowing how the team is only a couple studs away from winning it all and not going after them kinda sucks, but sheeeeesh.....
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    unless Jarvis Jones becomes what the Steelers drafted him to be.

Pappy
    Pure fantasy
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    these teams giving away the insane FA $ crack me up.....
    it is frustrating knowing how the team is only a couple studs away from winning it all and not going after them kinda sucks, but sheeeeesh.....
    Detroit paid Marvin Jones 8 mil a year......Mind boggling right?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I still wouldn't be surprised if they signed a safety in FA (there are a few of them to pick from)...just might not be one of the higher-priced ones...
    Plenty of guys out there still that could come in and start on defense
    [URL]http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagents2016S.php[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

In terms of a bargain safety signing, I could see us targeting Rahim Moore on a 1 year "prove it" type deal since he worked well with Carnell Lake back in their UCLA days (in Lake's one season as DB coach at his alma mater in 2009, Moore led the nation with 10 interceptions).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.