Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DHB Re-Signed

Legend

User Info Menu

DHB Re-Signed

Three years, $3.8 million according to reports. I like this move as well. Veteran depth, knows the system, willing blocker and capable STs player. As he showed a few times this season (including against the Broncos) he can still grab the deep ball, and he still has speed.

He's a very solid #5 WR and STs player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good vet signing...

Legend

User Info Menu

Can he return kicks...yet??????????????

I agree good signing but got to get Coates on the field? Have to say I'm surprised they locked him down this soon in the process. Could a trade be in the works. Perhaps Wheaton?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Can he return kicks...yet??????????????

I agree good signing but got to get Coates on the field? Have to say I'm surprised they locked him down this soon in the process. Could a trade be in the works. Perhaps Wheaton?
    Wasn't New England willing to give us a 3rd round pick for Manny Sanders a few years ago when he was entering the last year of his rookie contract like Wheaton is now?

I wonder if someone would be willing to pay something similar for Wheaton now?

Their stats in their first 3 seasons are remarkably similar...

Sanders (10-12): 94 catches for 1290 yards and 5 TD's
    Wheaton (13-15): 93 catches for 1457 yards and 7 TD's

Getting a 3rd round pick for Wheaton would more than make up for losing our 5th and 6th rounders.

Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Sammie Coates, and Darrius Hayward-Bey is still a solid WR corps.

Eli Rogers and Shakim Phillips both showed flashes in camp last year and they can complete for who is WR5 on the 53 man roster and who is WR6 on the practice squad.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

You know who might like Wheaton? Seattle...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Vernon Hargreaves falls out of the top 15, I'd offer pick #25 and Markus Wheaton to the Lions for pick #16.

Detroit's biggest need is DT (they lost Suh and Fairley last year, and the aging Haloti Ngata is an unrestricted free agent this year) and now they will also likely need a starting WR opposite Golden Tate since Megatron could be hanging up the cleats. Since there are an abundance of quality DT's this year, there likely isn't a huge difference between the DT that Detroit could get at #16 and the DT that Detroit could get at #25.

So this trade would fill both of their needs in one fell swoop...trading their #16 pick to Pittsburgh would net them a starting WR in Wheaton and a starting DT they could take at #25. We'd get the best corner in the draft and without sacrificing any of our valuable picks in rounds 2-4 that we will need to fill other holes. Win win, baby.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You know who might like Wheaton? Seattle...
    Seattle currently has the same draft haul we have right now, though...picks in rounds 1-4 and then two 7th rounders...nothing in rounds 5 or 6...just like us.

Legend

User Info Menu

seems kinda pricey for a 5th wr and special team gunner(even tho he's good at it)
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    seems kinda pricey for a 5th wr and special team gunner(even tho he's good at it)
    Isn't the veteran minimum in the neighborhood of $800-900K now? So he's averaging about $1.3M on this new deal. A half million bucks more than the league minimum is kinda pricey in a league with a cap over $155M? Good teammate, solid special teamer, insurance in case Bryant tests positive for something...seems like a solid deal to me.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Veteran minimum for a player of DHB's experience is $850K in 2016...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.