Legend

User Info Menu

harlan miller too
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    harlan miller too
    If we go with big uglies in the 1st/2nd, I like Miller as a CB option in the 3rd/4th.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Vonn Bell was interviewed at the combine too.
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    harlan miller too
    Added. Thanks.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Once the 30 "official" visits start (where prospects come to our team facility), calm will list those.

For now, all we have information about guys we talked to at the combine, so he's listing that for now.

Once the Pro Days start, he'll list guys we've talked to on their college campuses as well.

That's why he left a couple of "same room for later" posts to edit later on, so he can eventually address all 3 types of prospect meetings.
    Yup, Ruthlessburgher pretty well sums it up here. Each team gets 30 official visits. Bringing in the potential picks to the facility for team doctors to look over and do follow ups on them. Each team is allowed 30 visits. They can also bring in local visits which do not count toward the 30. So every pitt player they check out would go under the local list.

Once the list is complete you get a good idea of the position break down that the team is targeting. Historically you will see at least half of the picks in this list. Last year I think we brought in 3 and visited 1 at the combine. The year before that I think we brought in 5-6 of our draft picks. Historically we are averaging 4 of the picks showing up on this list. It give you a good base to mock.
    Last edited by calmkiller; 03-04-2016 at 08:29 AM.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Can I get a sticky on this?
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Update a fair amount today. Added the Official (Currently Blank), Local, Rumored, and Proday stuff. Added all that I have seen in my limited views. Please update anything that you guys have seen that I have missed and I will get it added. Please provide a source if you can. Thanks!
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Added CB DeAndre Ellitott
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

derrick alexander DE tulsa pro day
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin and crew are in Columbus for the Buckeye Pro Day as usual.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

49ers, Steelers among teams taking a close look at Ohio State prospects
    Posted by Zac Jackson on March 11, 2016, 3:02 PM EST

All 32 teams were represented at Ohio State’s annual pro day Friday.

Ohio State’s was the marquee pro day this year — the all-time record of six first-round picks in a year from one school could be broken by Ohio State players next month — and the attendance reflected that. More than 130 NFL personnel, from head coaches and general managers to area scouts, attended.

While many of the players who worked out did brief media interviews after the workout, defensive end Joey Bosa did not because he had a pre-scheduled meeting with the 49ers, who hold pick No. 7 in the first round. Ohio State tight end Nick Vannett went through extra work after the passing workout with Steelers tight ends coach James Daniel and representatives from the Jets, Lions and Vikings watching closely.

Watching, timing and even getting a little face time with certain prospects is all part of the job for NFL coaches and scouts. Maybe something can be read into which teams wanted to meet with certain players, and maybe not.

Among those spotted in the crowd (and this only a partial list): Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert, head coach Mike Tomlin, defensive coordinator Keith Butler and offensive coordinator Todd Haley; Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis; Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer; Titans head coach Mike Mularkey and offensive coordinator Terry Robiskie; Browns executive vice president of football operations Sashi Brown and VP of player personnel Andrew Berry and Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan.

The Chargers, Saints, Lions, Eagles, Bengals, Steelers and Vikings were among the teams that had multiple assistant coaches watching Ohio State’s prospects.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/11/49ers-steelers-among-teams-taking-a-close-look-at-ohio-state-prospects/[/URL]