Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kendall Fuller and Hunter Henry top choices for Steelers?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The tape on Fuller is good. Hands are natural,play speed is above average,breaks down well leading to being a good wrap up tackler. High points the pass well and that is a talent. However he is NOT running at the combine. A db who can't run yet is a huge ?????. Two months to the draft so for Fuller it's all going to come down to the medical questions.
    For those who are all in on Hunter Henry lets at least see how he tests. We all know he has super hands but what if he runs slow?

Rookie

User Info Menu

What if he does? You like the game tape of Fuller, but not Henry?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

The tape on Fuller shows he's a decent tackler and a decent cover corner. Willie Gay type of a guy. Decent but not top tier. That's what I see from his tape. Only time will tell.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

i say NO to both at 25
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would say with Henry I don't see him as a traditional "Y' TE in our system as his best match. If you look at the Ole Miss game or the Toledo game you see how Arkansas split him wide so often and even had him first in bunch sets to get him into space to take advantage of his receiving skills. To me he is a receiver who just happens to be 6'5 250. Now his ability to wall is okay but his in line blocking skills are not all that.
    In today's NFL he fits. He runs good routes and he does NOT drop the ball. Now the question comes just how fast he plays? Well to me if your mostly a receiver speed is a factor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i say NO to both at 25
    I have no clue about Fuller but I damn sure don't want a TE at 25. Not in this offense. I think James is the future for us and he filled in nicely at the end of the year.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    The tape on Fuller is good. Hands are natural,play speed is above average,breaks down well leading to being a good wrap up tackler. High points the pass well and that is a talent. However he is NOT running at the combine. A db who can't run yet is a huge ?????. Two months to the draft so for Fuller it's all going to come down to the medical questions.
    For those who are all in on Hunter Henry lets at least see how he tests. We all know he has super hands but what if he runs slow?
    Don't care if he runs slow. He can catch. He can run routes. He can block. That's what I look for in my tight end. I'm not looking for a Jimmy Graham tight end. I never plan on sending my TE on a 40 yard go route, so his 40 time doesn't make much of a difference at all to me. In fact, if he runs slow, that might even be better, because other teams may sour on him because of that, which might even drop him into the second round instead. Getting one of the DT's in this extraordinarily strong DT class in round 1, then getting Henry in round 2 because of a slow 40 time? Sign me up.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I have no clue about Fuller but I damn sure don't want a TE at 25. Not in this offense. I think James is the future for us and he filled in nicely at the end of the year.
    If a TE is the best value on the board, take him...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Don't care if he runs slow. He can catch. He can run routes. He can block. That's what I look for in my tight end. I'm not looking for a Jimmy Graham tight end. I never plan on sending my TE on a 40 yard go route, so his 40 time doesn't make much of a difference at all to me. In fact, if he runs slow, that might even be better, because other teams may sour on him because of that, which might even drop him into the second round instead. Getting one of the DT's in this extraordinarily strong DT class in round 1, then getting Henry in round 2 because of a slow 40 time? Sign me up.
    I'm right there with you
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If a TE is the best value on the board, take him...

i think this team has much bigger needs on defense than the need for a TE.
    there should be a DL, OLB or CB that has similar value than Henry at 25
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown