Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I would not have pulled for Denver if I'd read this first

Legend

User Info Menu

Below is a link to an article with reference to additional pleadings in the lawsuit. The NY Daily News included only the trainer's side of the story - this seems to have a bit more info, but I haven't read it in detail yet.

[url]http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/14/peyton-manning-lawsuit-sexual-harassment-documents-tennessee[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Like I said on the OP, it's one thing to act that way "way back then", it's another to spend the next *20 years* destroying someone's personal and professional life.
    And if that's what's actually happening, the Manning's are quite a powerful (and despicable) family. I wonder if this story will just fade to nothing again in the near future. I really feel bad for that female trainer if she really was a victim of such a smear campaign.

And for a guy with otherwise such a great reputation, I thought it was incredibly cheesy and cheap for him to kiss Papa John after the game was over and to shamelessly promote Budweiser. It feels even more odd given the fact that the Broncos won despite Peyton and not even remotely because of him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    And if that's what's actually happening, the Manning's are quite a powerful (and despicable) family. I wonder if this story will just fade to nothing again in the near future. I really feel bad for that female trainer if she really was a victim of such a smear campaign.

And for a guy with otherwise such a great reputation, I thought it was incredibly cheesy and cheap for him to kiss Papa John after the game was over and to shamelessly promote Budweiser. It feels even more odd given the fact that the Broncos won despite Peyton and not even remotely because of him.
    it's business and Peyton makes a lot of people money.

same way they say on Tiger Woods infidelity until his wife broke his face. Papers knee about it for years and used it to get Tiger cover stories.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Starter

User Info Menu

Manning is no worse than our own Big Ben it seems.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Manning is WAY worse than our Big Ben...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

That is way off topic, I'd appreciate it if you'd please keep this thread on the OP subject - Manning and his legal issue with possible unethical behavior as a consequence.

I'd be very interested to hear more of your thoughts about Manning, Ben, etc. Would you be willing to start a new thread about that?

Thanks -

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    same way they say on Tiger Woods infidelity until his wife broke his face. Papers knee about it for years and used it to get Tiger cover stories.
    dang... blame the black dude again...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Depends upon one's perspective. Teabagging a female trainer in a locker room vs fornication with a drunken 20 year old in a bathroom stall. Although both QB's have dirty hands I think that the smear campaign against the Manning victim is the big difference here.

Legend

User Info Menu

It'll be interesting to see how fast Papa John's and Nationwide drop the Forehead if this story gets widespread media exposure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Depends upon one's perspective. Teabagging a female trainer in a locker room vs fornication with a drunken 20 year old in a bathroom stall.

I know everyone has their own perspective, but I think there is a huge difference between the two, that difference being that if anything happened in Milledgeville it was consensual between two adults. The thing with Manning in the training room was basically assault. (And the fact that he did it to someone while they were administering medical care to him just puts that at an even sleazier level, if possible.)

...I think that the smear campaign against the Manning victim is the big difference here.
    The smear campaign that continued well into when Manning left college and "grew up" is what makes this so bad IMO. Anyone can do something pretty bad and stupid in college (and many have), and then never do anything but live upstanding lives after that. This intentionally ruining that lady's personal and professional life over two decades ... this deserves to come out and be covered in the press as a punishment for that, IMO.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!