Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KUDOS to the BLACK and GOLD

Backup

User Info Menu

KUDOS to the BLACK and GOLD

The game didn't end well, but I thought our guys did the best they could and made us proud. A few mistakes turned it , but I think the young guys are coming along. When I saw the schedule at the beginning of the year I thought it would be 8-8 at best. In spite of his fumble Toussaint showed me he can play. I'd draft CB, S, TE, G and a free agent or two to fill in. We can't go with Landry Jones as the #2 in my opinion so an experienced vet would also be a need. I thought Cody Wallace did a credible job and I'm wondering if Pouncey could be traded ( has he ever played a full season ?? ) along with Suisham. Can't wait for 2016!

Legend

User Info Menu

Pouncey won't be traded...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

In the first three years of Pouncey's career, he started and played in 45 out of a possible 48 games...

In year four, DeCastro took out his knee...

Year five, he started and played in 16 out of 16 games...

Pouncey has been very unlucky with two freak injuries...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes, Pouncey has played a full season. Yes, DeCastro took him out of the 2013 season with a brutal cut block from behind after the play was over. A blow that would have felled an elephant. Another teammate, Flozell Adams, fell on his ankle and caused him to miss the Super Bowl vs. Green Bay. At least the guy that fell on his ankle this year played for an opposing team. Freak injuries indeed.

Legend

User Info Menu

He played a full season his contract year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Pouncey won't be traded...
    How can you be so sure?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

"He played a full season in his contract year". What are you suggesting? That he arranges for injuries to occur in non-contract years or that he fakes them? Did you see the plays on which he was injured? If not I suggest that video is avaliable.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd say Pouncey will never be traded because who would want him? Look at what Steeler fans say about him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    How can you be so sure?
    Because, when healthy, he is the best in the league at his position. A healthy Le'Veon Bell running behind a healthy Pouncey, DeCastro, and Gilbert is flat out money in the bank.

Plus, he's two years into a six year contract extension. If you trade him now, the signing bonus that would be spread out evenly over the next 4 seasons for cap purposes would all get accelerated onto this year's cap, meaning that it would cost more against our cap to trade him away than it would to keep him.

So, yeah...Pouncey won't be traded.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Because, when healthy, he is the best in the league at his position. A healthy Le'Veon Bell running behind a healthy Pouncey, DeCastro, and Gilbert is flat out money in the bank.

Plus, he's two years into a six year contract extension. If you trade him now, the signing bonus that would be spread out evenly over the next 4 seasons for cap purposes would all get accelerated onto this year's cap, meaning that it would cost more against our cap to trade him away than it would to keep him.

So, yeah...Pouncey won't be traded.
    Yep. This isn't baseball. You don't just trade Pro Bowl (All Star) players especially offensive linemen. Especially when the replacement (Wallace) is a liability and the talent difference is large.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"