Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers draft 25th in first round.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers draft 25th in first round.

Well we need some help an the back end of the D. I'll toss Eli Apple out there as my early favorite for our pick.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'll go with Apple. I like that guy!
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Su'a Cravens would be my hope.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Well we need some help an the back end of the D. I'll toss Eli Apple out there as my early favorite for our pick.
    6'2" CB from Ohio State. He's raw but I like.

Legend

User Info Menu

Same as last year, Steelers need to be looking for a CB or two, and a legitimate FS. Also depth for the D-line, and possibly a TE. Also wouldn't be surprised if they spent another high pick on an OLB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Su'a Cravens would be my hope.
    I am good with Apple but prefer Cravens. We need a head-knocker back there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I am good with Apple but prefer Cravens. We need a head-knocker back there.
    The league is legislating hard hitting safeties out of the game, I'd rather see them find a ball hawk.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers need somebody in the secondary. At 25, you are more likely to find a great safety than a great (or even good corner), but it depends on who is available. A lot depends on what happens with FAs, including Foster and McLendon, but I'd certainly lean towards a DB in the first.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The Steelers need somebody in the secondary. At 25, you are more likely to find a great safety than a great (or even good corner), but it depends on who is available. A lot depends on what happens with FAs, including Foster and McLendon, but I'd certainly lean towards a DB in the first.
    Agreed. 25 can be a "no-man's" spot if you are looking narrowly. The elite CB's are gone, and you may be over-drafting a safety (although the best ones will likely still be available--Cash, Kearse, Thompson, Bell, Cravens, if he really is capable of playing S in the NFL). May be a BPA if the DBs are gone.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers have one of the youngest, if not the youngest, group of CB's in the NFL.

Gay will be back, imagine Cockerill will get another shot. Boykin came on nicely as the season played out. Grant was activated to the roster from the PS to avoid him being pinched by another team. The Steelers invested a 2nd round pick at CB in Golson last draft. And they seem to like Blake, despite the fans opinion in him.

And there is Cortez Allen to consider as well.

Is there REALLY a need for another young CB?

Given the relative playing time you will essentially have 2 rookies (Golson & Grant) & 2 second year guys (Cockerill & Blake), added to Boykin & Gay. What's Cortez now? 5th year?

Safety. 2 of them. That instantly helps the DB's.

The Steelers have not shown a lot of desire to draft CB's in Round 1 for a while. Chadman can't see a reason to jump at one at #25- you'll be looking at the 5th best or so by then.

Either a Safety (FS- move Mitchell back to SS) or a DT/DE pass rushing type to add to the DL rotation & keep Heyward & Tuitt from playing 99% of all defensive snaps.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.