Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointed but not mad

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Great thread title buccoray. Exactly how I feel. Tough to overcome the injuries this team had. A lot of heart in this game. An unfortunate fumble at a critical time. Sigh...
    Thanks Ghost. It was quite a ride this season. I'm like the direction this team is heading.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    It's quite possible. A full-strength Steelers vs. a full-strength Patriots would be a great game, and I would take the winner of that contest over whatever full-strength team the NFC could offer. Unfortunately, the size and strength of today's players make injuries to key contributors almost certain for every team. There's just no way a team can make the playoffs and be 100% healthy.

Next year's Steelers-Bengals clashes will likely both be prime-time games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Congrats on a strong season. A healthy team would have been an even tougher out.
    I'm in playoff pool and need the Patriots next week, don't screw it up! In case you're wondering, I'll need them in the Super Bowl as well, so if you have a hotline to Tom ask him not to eff it up.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

It's quite possible. A full-strength Steelers vs. a full-strength Patriots would be a great game, and I would take the winner of that contest over whatever full-strength team the NFC could offer. Unfortunately, the size and strength of today's players make injuries to key contributors almost certain for every team. There's just no way a team can make the playoffs and be 100% healthy.

Go away please

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snarky View Post
    Great effort today all around. Basically came down to two poor special teams plays and a fumble. Feel bad for Toussaint.
    As soon as I saw him have a huge hole I said to my wife, "he needs two hands on the ball"...Arg, I hate when the season ends.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Agree completely with the thread title. Going into this game, I just wasn't feeling a win. After the first half, I was optimistic. The offense needed to do a bit more in the second half - the D did all it could do before wearing down.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    As soon as I saw him have a huge hole I said to my wife, "he needs two hands on the ball"...Arg, I hate when the season ends.

Pappy
    Its like he was surprised the hole wss that big and he relaxed a little..

It was a great play by the defender
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Congrats on a strong season. A healthy team would have been an even tougher out.

Thanks. I think it won't be too hard for your boys to get to the big game again. It will be competition from either Carolina or Arizona, likely will be a good game.

Starter

User Info Menu

My son was just telling me that this will be the 12th year out of the last 13 that the AFC Super Bowl Quarterback will be Brady, Manning or Ben

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No wonder I'm successful. I don't look at the silver linings, I make them. Another blown opportunity for having a great qb, a defense that played up to the task, receivers any team would kill for and a o line that is arguably one of the better lines. A sputtering offense that allowed the Broncos to hang around. An offense that allowed one turnover crush them. The defense was wiped out because our offense was underachieving again.