Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porter and Munchak

Starter

User Info Menu

Porter and Munchak

fined 10,000 dollars each by the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pac Man was also fined $28,940. Burfict will lose whatever 3 game checks are for him. Shazier was not fined.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd fight it if I was Porter, unless the league fined every other coach that was on the field for that hit and also the hit on that Bengal receiver by Shazaam.

Poor Munchak, he doesn't have much of a leg to stand on for this one. It's probably worth it to him, it was probably one of the things that pushed them to get completely out of control at the end of the game. I'm sure the Rooney's will give them both a little bonus at the end of the season that just happens to cover the amount of the fines!

Interesting, and fitting, that Shazaam apparently didn't get fined (?). Shut those mange-covered alley cats (aka Bungles) up once and for all. Oh, sorry, we're still waiting on Puke-Man Jones' apology he said he'd give to Brown if he were held out of Sunday's game ...

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I'd fight it if I was Porter, unless the league fined every other coach that was on the field for that hit and also the hit on that Bengal receiver by Shazaam.
    agreed. completely agreed.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

It's almost as if Porter was fined because people just started talking about him and why he was on the field. Why were other players and coaches on the field? He was singled out because Gilberry pushed him into a group of Bengals and then Jones the brilliant tactician that he is decided to run through the referee to get at Porter.

I don't understand his fine at all.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    It's almost as if Porter was fined because people just started talking about him and why he was on the field. Why were other players and coaches on the field? He was singled out because Gilberry pushed him into a group of Bengals and then Jones the brilliant tactician that he is decided to run through the referee to get at Porter.

I don't understand his fine at all.

Pappy
    I told a co-worker he'd get a token fine because so many people were talking about him... Pacman presented it as if he believes AB was off the field and Porter was just hanging out there in the middle of their guys.

We've seen the video...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Pac Man was also fined $28,940. Burfict will lose whatever 3 game checks are for him. Shazier was not fined.
    I just read that 3 game checks will be about a half million and change.

The other talk about Munchak, the way I saw it was that Bungals player made contact but then extended his arms in effect giving an extra little shove whereby Munchak grabbed HIS ARM and yanked it. Any contact with the hair was purely accidental. That hideous mop being all the way down his arm made it happen. Saying Munchak pulled his hair makes a better story but as I saw it there was absolutely no intention to touch his hair.
    Last edited by winwithd; 01-15-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The fines for both assistants are utter garbage and levied only to quell the slavering Bengal media types (as well as Jason Whitlock) and shut them the hell up...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The fines for both assistants are utter garbage and levied only to quell the slavering Bengal media types (as well as Jason Whitlock) and shut them the hell up...

I would agree with that. Somewhat of a tit for tat. It certainly would look biased if CIN was the only with fines from the game.

>%0.5M is that a record for a single game???

Legend

User Info Menu

By Mike Florio
    July 9, 2016, 12:25 PM EDT
    Taking a closer look at the Joey Porter “clarification” in the new rulebook

In the AFC wild-card game between the Steelers and Bengals, Pittsburgh assistant coach Joey Porter entered the playing field following a head injury suffered by receiver Antonio Brown. Porter lingered long enough to draw the ire of Bengals cornerback Adam Jones, who eventually expressed his dismay with Porter’s antics by bumping into an official, drawing another 15-yard penalty that, when added to the 15-yard penalty triggered by Vontaze Burfict’s concussion-inducing hit on Brown, allowed the Steelers to swipe a win and extend Cincinnati’s postseason skid to 0-for-25 years.

The NFL responded by changing the rules regarding coaches entering the field. But the NFL has insisted that it’s not a formal rule change but a clarification of the existing rules.

Regardless of what the league or anyone else calls it, the Joey Porter Rule shows up in the 2016 rule book as new language aimed at keeping Porter and all other assistant coaches off the field: “The Head Coach may enter the field to check on the welfare of a player who is injured, but no assistant coach may enter the field.”

The rule previously on the books should, if enforced as written, should have kept all coaches off the field: “During any timeout, including an intermission, all playing rules continue in effect. Representatives of either team are prohibited from entering the field, unless they are incoming substitutes, or team attendants or trainers entering to provide for the welfare of a player, and any game-type activities are prohibited on the Field of Play.” However, game officials routinely allowed teams to violate the letter of the rules, with head coaches and assistant coaches and other players streaming out to the field when a player is injured.

The “clarification” of the text operates as a significant restriction to the dynamic that game officials routinely allowed, despite what the rule book otherwise said.

As it relates to the language of the rule book, then, the Joey Porter Rule isn’t a clarification. It’s a codified exception to the existing rule created for head coaches, and head coaches only. As it relates to how the rule book had been applied, the Joey Porter Rule is a change to the rules, requiring Porter and all other assistants to stay on the sidelines at all times.

Moving forward, the question becomes whether the game officials will apply the clarified/changed/whatever rule as written, or whether they’ll continue to allow people who shouldn’t be entering the field of play to do so without consequence.

At a time when mistakes by officials regarding things that happen during a play receive plenty of scrutiny, it’s fair to insist that they stop ignoring the plain language of the rule book, on this and any other rule where the book says one thing and the officials allow something else to happen.

Some would say it’s an elevation of form over substance. The Bengals would say it’s a practice that helped keep them from advancing to the divisional round of the playoffs.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.