Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TnT Running Game vs Broncos

Legend

User Info Menu

TnT Running Game vs Broncos

I am actually encouraged the combination TnT (Toussaint and Todman) will actually do much better against the Donkos this time around vs DW. I know the bar is pretty low given the lack of a run game but it seems that these two young guys bring a little bit different burst to the game.

And don't overlook that key 3rd down pass that Toussaint caught on the final drive having to adjust to an off-target throw from Roethlisberger. If Roethlisberger can't go, Haley needs to have a masterful gameplan that utilizes these guys. In fact, given his gimp-arm, the gameplan should be the same regardless of the QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not optimistic about the running game. I think you have best success against Denver running inside, and I don't think either Toussaint or Todman will be as good at it as DeAngelo. Hope I'm wrong.

I do think both of those guys can be major contributors as pass targets. Especially with Ben's shoulder limiting him, it will be important to have those underneath receivers ready to go.

Their most important job on Sunday may be blocking, especially picking up blitzers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I'm not optimistic about the running game. I think you have best success against Denver running inside, and I don't think either Toussaint or Todman will be as good at it as DeAngelo. Hope I'm wrong.

I do think both of those guys can be major contributors as pass targets. Especially with Ben's shoulder limiting him, it will be important to have those underneath receivers ready to go.

Their most important job on Sunday may be blocking, especially picking up blitzers.
    Toussaint was the highest rated offensive player by PFF on the Steelers for the CIN game. He had a couple of key pass blocks that allow completed passes by the QB.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 01-13-2016 at 08:49 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am not optimistic about the offense's output this week. Our best way to exploit their tough D is through the air, down the field--like we did last time. Two things though: 1) Ben won't be able to drive the ball 2) They will have their starting two safeties back there. Imagine replacing Shamarko Thomas and Golden with Mitchell and Will Allen. Wouldn't you assume we'd be better?

This is all assuming AB is healthy.

As for TnT... that means more people up front, which means less holes to run through. Its a good point, to say that blitz pick-up will be key--in that regard, it seems Touissant is the man. But it is apparent to me that Todman's the better and more talented runner.

If we win, I think it will be because we held Manning in check (which I don't think will happen), and it is a low-scoring affair. Hope I'm wrong.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Regardless but we're going to need these guys to bring their A game
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

JJ (Jarvis Jones) says our running game is Dynomite!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I am not optimistic about the offense's output this week. Our best way to exploit their tough D is through the air, down the field--like we did last time. Two things though: 1) Ben won't be able to drive the ball 2) They will have their starting two safeties back there. Imagine replacing Shamarko Thomas and Golden with Mitchell and Will Allen. Wouldn't you assume we'd be better?

This is all assuming AB is healthy.

As for TnT... that means more people up front, which means less holes to run through. Its a good point, to say that blitz pick-up will be key--in that regard, it seems Touissant is the man. But it is apparent to me that Todman's the better and more talented runner.

If we win, I think it will be because we held Manning in check (which I don't think will happen), and it is a low-scoring affair. Hope I'm wrong.
    Manning's arm is in worse shape than Ben's

I don't see how anyone can bet on Manning having a good game in the post season. It rarely happens
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Manning's arm is in worse shape than Ben's

You know this ... how?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    You know this ... how?
    from watching him this year. His arm is shot.

Doesn't mean he can't carve us up underneath but his balls have been floating all year.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    from watching him this year. His arm is shot.

Doesn't mean he can't carve us up underneath but his balls have been floating all year.
    Peyton Manning's stats this season:

198 completions, 331 attempts, 59.8 completion percentage, 2249 yards, 6.8 yards per attempt, 9 TD's, 17 INT's, 16 sacks, 67.9 passer rating.

Peyton Manning's stats in his last start 2 months ago:

5 completions, 20 attempts, 25.0 completion percentage, 35 yards, 1.8 yards per attempt, 0 TD's, 4 INT's, 2 sacks, and a Blutarsky 0.0 passer rating.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.