Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Week

Legend

User Info Menu

Broncos Week

I'm happy to see us moving forward in the playoffs and excited to see what we can do when we go to Denver.

But I'm also concerned about our team health and think this will be a very tough battle with Denver's excellent D.

Anyone have any predictions for this game? I really have no idea what to expect. The conspiracy theorist in my head worries that the NFL wants to see one more playoff matchup between Manning and Brady in the AFCC.

Hopefully we can come up with some magic. After this last game, I'm confident anything is possible.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Well if that be the case, hopefully the Chiefs take care of business on Saturday so we don't have to worry about the on Sunday

Legend

User Info Menu

No predictions from me* until we have a health report.

I think it's going to be "probable" or whatever word they use for "less than probable, but not definitely out", for all involved, until the last moment - DW, Ben, AB.

BTW - when is the last moment they can announce who is in/out?

[Edit: sorry, clarification - no predictions from me *about how much we will win by* until we have a health report!]
    Last edited by SanAntonioSteelerFan; 01-11-2016 at 11:44 AM.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Go Steelers!!!! 23 - 20 Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

I like the Steelers this weekend with or without Ben and Antonio or any combination of them playing or not. I think the defense sees blood in the water and what they can do to affect the game. Peyton is a sitting duck with his lack of mobility and with his arm strength diminished. They may give up a big play or two because they're sitting on the short stuff, but man the young guys were making plays everywhere against the Bengals and they're a pretty good offense even without Dalton. The offense needs to do what they did this weekend, take what's there, protect the ball and take their shots when they're available. This would be the plan even with Ben due to the injury, maybe as the killer drive in the 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter you let Ben air one out unexpectedly to go for the jugular.

I like the Steelers 21-10.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 01-11-2016 at 12:45 PM.

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I like the Steelers this weekend with or without Ben and Antonio or any combination of them playing or not. I think the defense sees blood in the water and what they can do to affect the game. Peyton is a sitting duck with his lack of mobility and with his arm strength diminished. They may give up a big play or two because they're sitting on the short stuff, but man the young guys were making plays everywhere against the Bengals and they're a pretty good offense even without Dalton. The offense needs to do what they did this weekend, take what's there, protect the ball and take their shots when they're available. This would be the plan even with Ben due to the injury, maybe as the killer drive in the 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter you let Ben air one out unexpectedly to go for the jugular.

I like the Steelers 21-10.

Pappy
    I like it! But you have more optimism about our defense than I do. I hope you're right. I can just envision Manning carving up our D by getting rid of the ball quickly enough to avoid pressure.

But if Ben can't go or is significantly hampered, I don't see us scoring 21 points on the Donks.

Can't wait to find out!
    Last edited by papillon; 01-11-2016 at 12:45 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteel View Post
    Well if that be the case, hopefully the Chiefs take care of business on Saturday so we don't have to worry about the on Sunday
    I think K.C. beats N.E. And not necessarily in a squeaker, either...maybe by 10-13 points or so.

As for our game, so much hinges on the progress of Ben, Antonio, and DeAngelo that you really can't say anything yet. Glad we get an extra day of rest going from a Saturday game to a Sunday game, though.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Did we beat Denver while they had a banged up secondary? Could their secondary health make a big difference in this week's matchup?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not making an opinion, just telling what I was told. Chiropractic told me the injury they are announcing at this time about Ben, is very painful and can't see him playing this weekend and possibly additional games should we win Sunday. I asked about shooting him up with pain killers or what have you. He said it won't matter, the strength won't be there and the meds will also affect him. I hope he's wrong with his opinion.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Did we beat Denver while they had a banged up secondary? Could their secondary health make a big difference in this week's matchup?
    I seem to recall some issues with their safeties last time we played them, but they definitely had their top 3 corners (Talib, Harris, and Roby), and Ben and Antonio shredded them anyway. Hopefully we'll have Ben and Antonio available again this time as well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.