Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Burfict Been Drug Tested Lately?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I think he needs to go to the vet and get a rabies shot.

Ding, Ding, we have a winnah!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Boomer Esiason on the FAN said he thought Burfict should have a "psych test". Now I don't know about that but I believe the NFL has to look at their fines a little closer. Burfict signed a 19 mil contract 4mil/per .....what fine would make him think twice about a cheap shot? Even a 100k fine doesn't stop him from buying a thing. The league needs to review fines that take away game checks. People pay attention when you dig deep into their pockets. It's not a perfect solution but it's time to take guys off the field for a significant amount of games if there have repeat issues such as this.
    I mentioned this potential solution in a different thread but can't find it right now.

The fines should escalate with each infraction and the only way to get back to the baseline fine for being fined is by playing without being fined for 16 games. Here's my solution:

First offense for which you are fined "X" dollars
    Second offense for which you are fined "2X" dollars
    Go 16 games from that point without incident and you're back to the "X" amount as if you've never been fined.
    If the player gets the third fine prior to 16 games passing then he's fined "3X" and is suspended for 16 games which ensures that he drops back to the "2X" level
    If he comes back and can't control himself and gets the third yet again, he's back to "3X" the fine and sits another 16 games.

How many times will teams let this happen? Not twice that's for sure

A players career is too short to sit out entire years, IMO, this will deter the behavior if they are serious about cleaning up the egregious hits. The NFL could also start penalizing the team with fines or loss of draft picks if the they can't or won't control their players.

The problem (or at least one of them) is what plays are finable and puts the player into this process. The subjectivity of it makes it difficult to enforce particularly with this Draconian set of penalties.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 01-11-2016 at 02:51 PM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I think he needs to go to the vet and get a rabies shot.
    Anyone who plays against him may need to get a rabies shot...