Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Landry jones

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    In the NFL he is Kordell.

RGIII was a beast in college but every QB at Baylor since RGIII has put up huge stats. Baylor is like Texas Tech a few years back and it's not surprising because the Big 12 plays no defense.

RGIII's mechanics are questionable and he ran and cried to Dan Snyder when they didn't call the plays he wanted. He always had excuses when he failed and never owned up to playing bad. They had the right system for him and he asked for a pro style and that hampered his production.

I was shocked at his collapse because I thought he would be the one with the mental fortitude when they compared him and Cam Newton.
    Wasn't he Rookie of the Year and then outplaying Luck until he got hurt? Then Daniel Snyder decided that he HAD to play and Shannahan rushed him back? Yea, that's exactly what happened.
    Eightball isn't worth the headache. RG could at least sit and learn and develop. Hell he'd be a lot better than Jones and we wouldn't have to worry if he's out doing blow off a strippers back in Vegas every weekend.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben's value is at its highest point right now, I think we could trade Ben for a team's starter, backup and some draft picks, that way if the backup we get in the trade isn't that good the Steelers can use the highest draft pick to select a backup quarterback. You really need to have a backup that can win 7-8 games for you without missing a beat.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Ben's value is at its highest point right now, I think we could trade Ben for a team's starter, backup and some draft picks, that way if the backup we get in the trade isn't that good the Steelers can use the highest draft pick to select a backup quarterback. You really need to have a backup that can win 7-8 games for you without missing a beat.

Pappy

Rule #1 of the internet ... don't post early in the morning, at least not until the meds have kicked in!

(PS, I know you're just , I'm just joking)

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Cardale Jones is a prototype "pro-style" QB...how Meyer made it work in 2014 with Cardale for those three games is a pretty amazing coaching job, IMO. JT Barrett is a better fit for Meyer's offense...

Jones committed to tOSU before Meyer even got there...not surprising that he was not an exact fit...
    Perfect analysis. JT is a better fit for Meyers offense and when the O was struggling Meyers decided to make a change. Jones is a big strong dude and probably would have the strongest arm in the NFL. He needs refinement, needs polish and work on his accuracy and ability to read a D. But, from a physical tools perspective he has it all. If you could grab him in the 4th you run to the podium.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    So you'd rather have a cancer on the team who YOU believe can throw the ball? RGIII is a better passer than Eightball ever would be.
    RGIII is nowhere near as bad as Kordell. Hell he had over 10k yards in college (korkie had just over 6) AND RGIII is much smarter than korkie ever dreamed of. My wife is skins fan (god bless her soul) so I've been forced to watch them. He's definitely NOT Kordell. Whereas Eightball IS Ryan Leaf.
    In college, it's much easier to throw than in the NFL.

I live in Redskins land. RGIII was his own version of a cancer. It was all about HIM. Never the team. Nothing was ever his fault - very similar to Kordell. And without the read option, RGIII was not effective.

I don't want either guy. But if I had to choose, I think the chances for "eightball" to improve and mature as a person are higher than RGIII's chances of improving as an NFL QB who can pass effectively. I could be wrong. Time will tell. Both of these guys will likely land a starting QB job at some point in the near future.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Wasn't he Rookie of the Year and then outplaying Luck until he got hurt? Then Daniel Snyder decided that he HAD to play and Shannahan rushed him back? Yea, that's exactly what happened.
    Eightball isn't worth the headache. RG could at least sit and learn and develop. Hell he'd be a lot better than Jones and we wouldn't have to worry if he's out doing blow off a strippers back in Vegas every weekend.
    Didn't Kordell lead us to 2 AFCCG's?

RGIII started out hot but from what I heard HE requested a pro style offense instead of sticking with the zone read. He looked horrible ever since.

No thank you. He made too many excuses for his failures and tried to throw the whole team under the bus when he was playing bad.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    In college, it's much easier to throw than in the NFL.

I live in Redskins land. RGIII was his own version of a cancer. It was all about HIM. Never the team. Nothing was ever his fault - very similar to Kordell. And without the read option, RGIII was not effective.

I don't want either guy. But if I had to choose, I think the chances for "eightball" to improve and mature as a person are higher than RGIII's chances of improving as an NFL QB who can pass effectively. I could be wrong. Time will tell. Both of these guys will likely land a starting QB job at some point in the near future.
    RGIII actually told them he wanted to move away from the zone read. He failed miserable in a pro style.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000311270/article/rgiii-wants-prostyle-offense-for-washington-redskins[/url]
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Didn't Kordell lead us to 2 AFCCG's?

RGIII started out hot but from what I heard HE requested a pro style offense instead of sticking with the zone read. He looked horrible ever since.

No thank you. He made too many excuses for his failures and tried to throw the whole team under the bus when he was playing bad.
    Kordell had a HOF running back and one of the most consistently dominant defenses in the league. Our problem was ALWAYS the qb.
    IMO RGIII could sit for 3 years and develop into a good player. Johnny Eightball will sit and be nothing more than a cancer because he isn't the guy.
    I'm with Eich, I wouldn't want EITHER of them, but I'd take RG over Jones and Eightball.