Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winning next week: 59% chance of getting in

Legend

User Info Menu

Winning next week: 59% chance of getting in

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/upshot/2015-nfl-playoff-simulator.html?team=pit#&[/url]
    Last edited by SanAntonioSteelerFan; 12-29-2015 at 08:12 PM.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess that means people think there is a 59% chance that Rex Ryan beats the Jets?

Why would people think that? It's not like it's toe-jam football or anything. When has Ryan ever had his team come together for a win when they needed one in the past 10 years? Whoever says that, IMO, got to be a joker.

Well, here's hoping: Bungalow Bills 35; Generation J-E-T-S 19.

(Sorry for separate post, I couldn't edit the first one, everything came out
    blue/underlined like a link).

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I guess that means people think there is a 59% chance that Rex Ryan beats the Jets?

Why would people think that? It's not like it's toe-jam football or anything. When has Ryan ever had his team come together for a win when they needed one in the past 10 years? Whoever says that, IMO, got to be a joker.

Yeah, this doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. That and I don't care much for probability. We were like a 90% lock to make the playoffs just last week. Probability is for the birds.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Actually, you have to correct week 16 to include the Broncos victory...then, if you select a Steelers win, it calculates playoffs in only 52% of scenarios. Basically a coin flip, which is about the chance I would give the Bills vs. the Jets...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Jets are taking care of business while the steelers decided to take an early end to the season

Legend

User Info Menu

They obviously didn't factor in the Steelers' record vs. crappy teams.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think Buffalo's golf bags are packed and they could care or less about this coming game.
    This will take a miracle for us to make the playoff's..........

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    I think Buffalo's golf bags are packed and they could care or less about this coming game.
    This will take a miracle for us to make the playoff's..........
    Forget about Buffalo...I'm not sure the Steelers beat the Stains. They're apt to give them the ball 2 or 3 times on turnovers, and make Johnny Football look like a Pro Bowler.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

Don't forget that part of the 59% probability of the Steelers getting into the playoffs is the Steelers beating the Browns. It's not solely based on the Bills beating the Jets.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Not so sure about that, but to be honest, not much difference.

I really hate depending on the Bills.