Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Outcoached

Legend

User Info Menu

Outcoached

Interesting write-up and comments on how the Steelers tried to outsmart Seattle with a game plan that was pretty much the opposite of what most of their opponents did to them this season.
    Another indication of the Steeler coaching staff getting too cute and not just going out and playing sound football.
    And oh, the Steelers apparently decided to go to a Cover 3 scheme for most of this game... a defense that Seattle sees pretty much in every practice against their own defense....

[url]http://mynorthwest.com/292/2860241/Seahawks-defense-survives-Steelers-passing-onslaught[/url]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Not really. You play a Cover 3 defense if you are especially concerned with stopping the run.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The game plan was pretty good considering Seattle has never given up that many yards or a 200 yard receiver in their history. Had the new, young defense made a couple of stops on 3rd down, fans wouldn't be calling for anyone's head. Well, forget the calling for anyone's head part. The Steelers could be undefeated, have the number one offense and defense and some would still be crying.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Interesting write-up and comments on how the Steelers tried to outsmart Seattle with a game plan that was pretty much the opposite of what most of their opponents did to them this season.
    Another indication of the Steeler coaching staff getting too cute and not just going out and playing sound football.
    And oh, the Steelers apparently decided to go to a Cover 3 scheme for most of this game... a defense that Seattle sees pretty much in every practice against their own defense....

[URL]http://mynorthwest.com/292/2860241/Seahawks-defense-survives-Steelers-passing-onslaught[/URL]
    Just like HFA is usually counted as a 3-pt advantage for any given team when handicapping, our coaching is a 3-5 point disadvantage going into any contest.

They truly are a bunch of dopes.

Legend

User Info Menu

i cant complain about an offensive game plan that scored 30 points.
    coaching decisions cost us that game
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    I can, should have been more.

Tomlin showed no faith in Haley during crunch time.
    Why should he have any faith in a golf coach who was only hired because of his daddy?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Why should he have any faith in a golf coach who was only hired because of his daddy?
    because he hired him

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    because he hired him
    I thought no one upstairs trusted Tomlin to hire his own staff so C3P0 made the call (I must have my Steeler conspiracy theories out of whack).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i cant complain about an offensive game plan that scored 30 points.
    coaching decisions cost us that game
    Bens 3 picks and a porous secondary were coachng decisions?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    Art II hired Haley.

the tomlin fanboys said tomlin has control and does all the firing and hiring