Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Very Optimistic Moving Forward

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Martavis bryant for talented as he is needs to learn to catch the darn ball, with his hands. The Bengals loss could also be pinned on him dropping a great pass in the endzone. So many of his catches seem to be trapped against his body or bobbled. Or flat out dropped. If he learns to catch the ball cleanly he could be great.
    He made one amazing catch a week or two ago, long ball, outstretched hands, fingertips holding on. So he has the ability, but yeah, those body catches he does, like he's some junior high spazz. I remember that was the wrap on him when drafted - that he didn't know "hand placement" which just sounds absurd (at least to me). M'artavious has turned out better than anyone dreamed in a lot of ways, but if those drops keep happening, he's another Hey-Bey soon.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    He made one amazing catch a week or two ago, long ball, outstretched hands, fingertips holding on. So he has the ability, but yeah, those body catches he does, like he's some junior high spazz. I remember that was the wrap on him when drafted - that he didn't know "hand placement" which just sounds absurd (at least to me). M'artavious has turned out better than anyone dreamed in a lot of ways, but if those drops keep happening, he's another Hey-Bey soon.
    You guys sound foolish...

Bryant was selected in the 4th round because of his hand placement. He has exceeded all of our expectations thus far.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    You guys sound foolish...

Bryant was selected in the 4th round because of his hand placement. He has exceeded all of our expectations thus far.
    Foolish about what? You repeated what I said, then stayed quiet on the concerns you must have. The criticism of Bryant, when he was drafted, was that he didn't know "hand placement" when trying to catch a ball. This is a wide receiver we are talking about. I had thought Ike Taylor was the only spazz who was spatially dyslexic enough to deserve such a description. We now know that it was said of Bryant, at draft time, because he has the uncoordinated initial reaction to catch a ball with his body and not his hands. He fears dropping the ball if he tries to catch the ball with his hands like a normal person.

He has far exceeded expectations. If he keeps muffing the ball at his current rate, however, he won't last. See, e.g., Sanders and half a dozen others.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He had one actual drop vs. Seattle. Right now, his "drops" are overblown...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

How about Sammie Coates? Guy was a 3rd round pick and has been used sparingly if at all. I'd rather see him out there than DHB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    He had one actual drop vs. Seattle. Right now, his "drops" are overblown...
    they changed the definition of what a drop is on here...

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    How about Sammie Coates? Guy was a 3rd round pick and has been used sparingly if at all. I'd rather see him out there than DHB.
    Sammie is a big target but he isn't that fast and his hands are suspect.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Sammie is a big target but he isn't that fast and his hands are suspect.
    He's not?

Martavis Bryant - 4.42 forty yard dash

Sammie Coates - 4.43 forty yard dash

Both of them were reported to have suspect hands...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bryant had impeccable hand placement in the previous game against Cleveland, catching the back half of the ball on a 50+ yard bomb down the sidelines from Roethlisberger (of course, he ended up fumbling the ball back to Cleveland on that very play instead of scoring...but it was one heck of a hands catch indeed).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Bryant had impeccable hand placement in the previous game against Cleveland, catching the back half of the ball on a 50+ yard bomb down the sidelines from Roethlisberger (of course, he ended up fumbling the ball back to Cleveland on that very play instead of scoring...but it was one heck of a hands catch indeed).
    that's because it was the only way to get his hands on the ball..

but until he high points that ball while covered we will continue to see passes defended

if he would,do that when the ball is over his head it would be awesome