Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Football caught again with a drank in hand

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If I was him, I couldn't get out of there soon enough. What a joke of a franchise

He likes to drink, big deal. He's young, has money, and likes to cut loose like 90% of the other guys in every locker room. The NFL isn't made up of a bunch of choirboys. I'm not a fan of manziel, but the treatment of him is over the top, IMO

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    What do you mean "that's how he decided to act?" he was standing around with his friends not bothering anybody.
    He was just named a starter for the first time and his immediate decision was to shoot off to TX and be filmed boozing away after multiple coaches specifically warned him about doing anything during the bye week that could be perceived as detrimental actions.

If you think that's the sign of a good leader, one who's by his own admission has an alcohol problem, has had numerous issues with drinking in public, been to rehab in the last 6 months, and just had a public run in with police and his girlfriend, then I don't know what to tell you.

I have are no problem with a young guy who wants to cut it lose. But this guy is an f'n moron. Why let yourself be filmed? Why not try to lay low and booze in private. He has an unlimited budget to do anything he wants - IN PRIVATE. I'd cut him for being stupid, not the drinking.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd take a drunk Manziel over Laundry Jones any day.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    If I was him, I couldn't get out of there soon enough. What a joke of a franchise

He likes to drink, big deal. He's young, has money, and likes to cut loose like 90% of the other guys in every locker room. The NFL isn't made up of a bunch of choirboys. I'm not a fan of manziel, but the treatment of him is over the top, IMO
    Security for the Browns went looking for a missing Manziel and found Johnny passed out drunk before the season finale his rookie year.

He was also drunk on an inflatable swann at the X Games with Josh Gordon right before Gordon was suspended...

In the offseason he goes to rehab and a few weeks later they find him on the side of the road fighting with his GF and admitting to drinking...

and now he is seen partying again...

It would be one thing if he was winning or playing well but he is garbage.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Which shows why your opinions hold no weight around here...lol

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post

Do you really think it is about liking to have a drink? This is the NFL, not some sandlot league. And while you might cite Joe Namath or some fossil from the old days, this sport is way too competitive to piss away any advantages, by acting like a frat boy.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Manziel was fishwhacked, and it was obvious.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Manziel was fishwhacked, and it was obvious.
    Where there is piss...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    True enough, I suppose.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    ROTFLMAO, ROTFLMAO...

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount