Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mike Mitchell

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Mitchell celebrates after a big hit on a 20 yard gain. That's why it's annoying. If he jars the ball loose then yea, go ahead and celebrate a little. But jawing when the other team just got a first down is stupid.
    QFT. That is exactly the issue. It's the other guy that should be celebrating. He caught the pass or made the run, took the hit, and still held onto the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    QFT. That is exactly the issue. It's the other guy that should be celebrating. He caught the pass or made the run, took the hit, and still held onto the ball.
    it's hard to celebrate when your insides are screaming in pain
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    it's hard to celebrate when your insides are screaming in pain
    Yeah, I'm sure that the guy would celebrate by dropping the ball or flipping into the end zone if he were able...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Starter

User Info Menu

I can't believe how crotchety some of you guys are about a player getting excited after a big hit. It's not like he's dancing and gyrating, he's screaming because he's pumped up!

This penalty stuff everyone is bemoaning? What are you talking about??? Take a wild guess at how many penalties Mike Mitchell has this season? Give up? 1. That's right, 1 penalty. And THAT was a questionable call when he and AJ Green were jawing with each other in the Cincy game. There are 30 Safeties in the NFL this year who have more penalties than he does. 30!!! Here's a link: [URL]http://www.nflpenalties.com/position/defensive-back/safety?year=2015[/URL]

Oh and he also has 3 int's and 2 forced fumbles to go along with his 48 tackles through 10 games.

How about we take off our old man glasses and enjoy a hard hitting safety in the prime of his career instead of complaining about how excited he gets after laying someone out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    I can't believe how crotchety some of you guys are about a player getting excited after a big hit. It's not like he's dancing and gyrating, he's screaming because he's pumped up!

This penalty stuff everyone is bemoaning? What are you talking about??? Take a wild guess at how many penalties Mike Mitchell has this season? Give up? 1. That's right, 1 penalty. And THAT was a questionable call when he and AJ Green were jawing with each other in the Cincy game. There are 30 Safeties in the NFL this year who have more penalties than he does. 30!!! Here's a link: [URL]http://www.nflpenalties.com/position/defensive-back/safety?year=2015[/URL]

Oh and he also has 3 int's and 2 forced fumbles to go along with his 48 tackles through 10 games.

How about we take off our old man glasses and enjoy a hard hitting safety in the prime of his career instead of complaining about how excited he gets after laying someone out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Nicely done. But they will come back with something.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Why this talk about Mitchell? Cockrell has been nothing short of impressive. Great ball instincts. I'd like to lock him up in Black and Gold for a number of years!
    Nothing to do with Mitchell, but this is a good point about Cockrell. He's young and a work in progress, but I'm glad the Steelers picked him up...I can't believe that Rex couldn't find a role for him in Buffalo...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Mitchell celebrates after a big hit on a 20 yard gain. That's why it's annoying. If he jars the ball loose then yea, go ahead and celebrate a little. But jawing when the other team just got a first down is stupid.
    It's not stupid, it's a mindset, a lot of players work themselves up in a lot of different ways. When you lay the wood on a guy you let him know about it, you let him know exactly who it was, I don't care if its after 2 yards or 20 yards. Believe me when that receiver or running back is going to back to the huddle after a big hit he is not thinking about a first down.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can't believe how crotchety some of you guys are
    Stay off my lawn, you whippersnapper you!!!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lol would love too see how they create the greatness of days beard haha