Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Brown Scores Perfect 10!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    My view is mixed. As an "old dude" who absolutely hates the "ball drop" on some level I found the flip very entertaining. I was think "why" I have such a contrary gut reaction. I guess the drop feels like a "taunt" for a basic play. This just feels like "happy". And it was an impressive feat. At a gut level I liked it

HOWEVER, I absolutely agree with those critical because of injury concerns. They can't be dismissed because he can get hurt just playing the game.

The flip is an UNNECESSARY injury risk. I don't know why that is so hard to grasp.

My feelings are kind of like Ben.....That was amazing. ....but please don't ever do that again.

It WAS stupid and fun at the same time.
    the ball drop is awesome because it frustrates the opponent.

it's hilarious that old heads who root for the team get just as upset over it.

of all things to get mad about a first down gesture shouldn't be one of them but some people have a lot of poutrage to spare.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

of all things to get mad about a first down gesture shouldn't be one of them but some people have a lot of poutrage to spare.
    Is "poutrage" a thing or a mistype? Either way I guess it works. I would call it that

Hey since he toned down the drops......he started scoring actual TOUCHDOWNS my friend.

AB will do whatever is necessary to celebrate!

This is what happens when the "celebration bar" is raised.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-19-2015 at 11:03 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

everyone is happy except for a few old Steeler fans and the other teams players and fans....

which is hilarious...

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've seen enough players injured during celebrations, end zone and otherwise, just from jumping up and down. I can't believe the posters who seem to be OK with the flip. I don't care how great an athlete AB is; it's dangerous and stupid. Yes, he works very hard. He's made himself into an amazing WR. But all that work can go down the drain with one wrong "landing".

JMO, which is worth no more or less than anybody else's.

Starter

User Info Menu

The ball drop,if it means what I think it does,is fine unless you do it before you cross the goal line,then you look like a moron.

Legend

User Info Menu

I saw a player lose his season at Nebraska from jumping up to celebrate a TD and shredding his knee when he came down.

IMO if you shred your knee jumping up to celebrate its just not your time to play the game of football.

I'm not suggesting AB flip after every long TD but if he gets injured celebrating a TD I will chalk it up to bad luck.

He is a world class athlete and plays the game his way and is extremely successful doing it his way.

He could score, hand the ball off to the red and twist his knee when he turns around to run back to the bench.

I really don't care. Just entertain me for 3 or 4 hours.

Legend

User Info Menu

everyone is happy except for a few old Steeler fans and the other teams players and fans....

which is hilarious...
    I don't think so. Also unhappy are Dads who are trying to teach their sons to act differently than that. It's a form of bragging, and at least around here, that is discouraged. Instead, "flip the ball to the ref, get back to the huddle". And if a TD, do the same thing, plus, "Act like you've been there before".

I think maybe it's how one is raised. I bet Heath Miller's Dad didn't bring him up to mimic the Icky Shuffle when he was a kid.

Not claiming here what is right or wrong, just pointing out the quoted statement is not quite accurate.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    The ball drop,if it means what I think it does,is fine unless you do it before you cross the goal line,then you look like a moron.
    what about when he did it for a 1st down and it was actually 393rd and inches?

POUTRAGE!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I don't think so. Also unhappy are Dads who are trying to teach their sons to act differently than that. It's a form of bragging, and at least around here, that is discouraged. Instead, "flip the ball to the ref, get back to the huddle". And if a TD, do the same thing, plus, "Act like you've been there before".

I think maybe it's how one is raised. I bet Heath Miller's Dad didn't bring him up to mimic the Icky Shuffle when he was a kid.

Not claiming here what is right or wrong, just pointing out the quoted statement is not quite accurate.
    oh Lord... what about the children.

are we really going to make this about AB's upbringing and how his absent cracked out father is the reason for the celebrations while Heaths white father raised him right because Heath watched him flip his briefcase on the table after a hard days work saving the world from terrorist?

Did you really have to bring up how AB was raised and compare him to a white player?

It's officially the bye week... Smh.

Starter

User Info Menu

what about when he did it for a 1st down and it was actually 393rd and inches?

POUTRAGE!!!!
    I'm pretty sure we aren't talking about the same thing. I'm talking about what I saw on ESPN highlights last week. I think it was a college game,guy was running down the field on his way to a TD,he drops the ball at the two yard line,it rolls out of bounds,no td other teams ball. OOPS