Thread: Bye week thread

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bye week thread

Well, we can now officially say it's the beginning of the bye week for the Steelers! What do we care to talk about to attempt to make this week go by fast? Feel free to throw it in here!

Here are some topics that come to mind:

1.Guesses on the rest of the season for the Steelers and # of pick in the first round?

2.Who are you guys "scouting" via college football for next year's draft?

3.Game day recipes or favorite beers/beverages to drink on gameday? (I'm pretty sure I may have made a thread about this a long time ago, sorry)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.(I would love to see the Steelers go all the way and win it all)..but possible reality, I am going to say the Steelers will go 10-6, get the last wild card spot and will make it to divisional. Steelers would then have #23 or #24

2.I know it's early and the Steelers are very well in it as a play off team....but does anyone else "arm chair scout" during the college football season? I'm currently looking at the following players (ranked from most wanting to least):

Mackensie Alexander, CB; Clemson (Yes, a sophomore...but if he declares, he's my locked top want)
    Darian Thompson, FS; Boise State (Will Allen is out, he's old....Shark was suppose to be the future and proved he isn't)
    Jalen Mills, FS; LSU (Wish he would have came out last year...maybe it's a favor that he's coming out this year)

3. If this topic gets a lot of responses, I will list a few things.

Backup

User Info Menu

I believe every game is winnable from now on.
    - Seattle is not playing like Seattle from the last two seasons.
    - Indy can be beaten at Heinz with Hasselback or Luck.
    - We were one score away from beating Cincy at Heinz, can beat them there.
    - Peyton's shaky arm playing at Heinz in December?
    - Ravens and Browns are 2-7.

However, I believe the Steelers lose two of those. 10-6, 5th seed, beating Indy, beating Cincy and losing to the Patriots. 29th pick.
    If I spell a word incorrectly or make a grammar mistake, I apologize. English is not my native language.

Starter

User Info Menu

I think we'd beat the Cheats. Remember, we missed 2 FGs week 1.
    Last edited by spyboots; 11-17-2015 at 12:57 AM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spyboots View Post
    I think we'd beat the Cheats. Remember, we missed 2 FGs week 1.
    Bungals collapse has begun. We will win AFC North!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I believe, we close the gap with Bungles...they will loose again to Arizona I believe!
    I hope we come out strong and a high drive to go all the way when we come back........

Legend

User Info Menu

This is pretty cool IMO, the Steelers could make up 2 games in the loss column and only had to play and win one game. The Bengals lost last night and play the Cards during the Steeler's bye week. If the Bengals lose in Arizona the Steelers will have made up 2 games in the loss column and only played one game.

Extending that forward, assume the Steelers beat the Bengals in Cincinnati that would put them only one loss behind the Bengals and each team with a win versus each other. I don't know how the tiebreakers shake out but that would at least make the final 3 weeks exciting in the division.

Pappy

Trade 20 & 119 to Tampa for 26/57

1.26 - Graham Barton, OC/G, Duke
    2.51 - Xavier Leggette, WR, South Carolina
    2.57 - Braden Fiske, DT, FSU
    3.84 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    3.98 - T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
    7.178 - Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee
    7.195 - Omar Speights, LB, LSU

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Compensatory picks can be traded in next year’s draft

Posted by Darin Gantt on November 19, 2015, 12:10 PM EST

Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome’s phone just blew up, and he doesn’t know why.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the NFL is expected to allow teams to trade compensatory picks in next year’s draft, which should create more deals during the draft weekend.

In previous years, the picks doled out to compensate for losses in unrestricted free agency couldn’t be dealt, which froze the picks at the end of each round.

But with them liberated, teams might be more apt to package multiple picks to move around, creating even more action.

No team has played the compensatory pick game better than the Ravens, who rarely dip into unrestricted free agency, and consistently develop players that other teams want to sign.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/compensatory-picks-can-be-traded-in-next-years-draft/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Bungals collapse has begun. We will win AFC North!!
    I like it !

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Compensatory picks can be traded in next year’s draft

Posted by Darin Gantt on November 19, 2015, 12:10 PM EST

Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome’s phone just blew up, and he doesn’t know why.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the NFL is expected to allow teams to trade compensatory picks in next year’s draft, which should create more deals during the draft weekend.

In previous years, the picks doled out to compensate for losses in unrestricted free agency couldn’t be dealt, which froze the picks at the end of each round.

But with them liberated, teams might be more apt to package multiple picks to move around, creating even more action.

No team has played the compensatory pick game better than the Ravens, who rarely dip into unrestricted free agency, and consistently develop players that other teams want to sign.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/compensatory-picks-can-be-traded-in-next-years-draft/[/URL]
    Very interesting..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Very interesting..
    Current Steeler players who came to us via a compensatory draft pick: William Gay, Kelvin Beachum, Daniel McCullers, and Vince Williams.

Of course, the best player we ever got from a comp pick was Hines Ward.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.