Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ziggy?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ziggy?

dale lolley tweeted.........i would not be at all surprised if the steelers brought ziggy hood in for a workout........cut from ir today by jags after passing physical ( foot ).....
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Tell me it's not true.

Legend

User Info Menu

Please NO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ziggy was designed to play dline the way Butler does it....may be worth a look
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    This. He will come cheap and he's exactly the kind of depth we need. Knows the system, cheap and he should be steady.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Actually, he was designed to play dline the way the jaguars do lol

Hes terrible, hated the pick from day one (had some classic rants about it, actually), but there is no one behind Heyward and Tuitt so who knows. Im not sure who looks dumber in 96, evander hood or cam thomas

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If they want him, they better inquire before Arizona does!

Seriously though, why would we bring him in? If they want a veteran they're familiar with, why not just bring back Keisel another year. He's willing (so I've read), and bottom line: he's still a better player.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think he just didn't fit Lebeau defense but now with the way Butler pay his DL it might be a good fit for depth.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I think he just didn't fit Lebeau defense but now with the way Butler pay his DL it might be a good fit for depth.
    I just dont get how this can be...everyone always said (for good reason) he is a traditional under tackle on the inside of a 43 defense...he went to one, with one hell of a defensive coach, and he still blew.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I just dont get how this can be...everyone always said (for good reason) he is a traditional under tackle on the inside of a 43 defense...he went to one, with one hell of a defensive coach, and he still blew.
    You nailed it. Last year he played in a system where he had the best chance to succeed. And he was still not good.

If Tuitt misses significant time, I guess I kind of understand Ziggy Hood being brought in for depth, or at least to kick the tires. But given what we've seen from Cockrell, I'd lean towards seeing Caushaud Lyons activated from the PS and given a chance to play.