Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, is this still Mike Tomlin's team now that it's improving?

Backup

User Info Menu

Question Hey, is this still Mike Tomlin's team now that it's improving?

Does this team still have his fingerprints all over it now that they're winning games? Does he get credit for helping put together a juggernaut of an offense, or does he have nothing to do with it because there are still two starters on it that were drafted before he got here? Does he get credit for the defense now that it's averaging 18.0 points allowed per game, or are these all Dick LeBeau's players except for Bud Dupree? And if so, is Bud Dupree a bust? Which draft picks does Mike Tomlin get credit for anyway, all of them, or just the bad ones? Does he get credit for the team's 4-2 record so far, or was he only granted ownership of the team on the days of September 10 and October 4, and no other time this season? Is he still a token Rooney Rule hire? Inquiring minds need to know.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

fan boys... Smh.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Does this team still have his fingerprints all over it now that they're winning games? Does he get credit for helping put together a juggernaut of an offense, or does he have nothing to do with it because there are still two starters on it that were drafted before he got here? Does he get credit for the defense now that it's averaging 18.0 points allowed per game, or are these all Dick LeBeau's players except for Bud Dupree? And if so, is Bud Dupree a bust? Which draft picks does Mike Tomlin get credit for anyway, all of them, or just the bad ones? Does he get credit for the team's 4-2 record so far, or was he only granted ownership of the team on the days of September 10 and October 4, and no other time this season? Is he still a token Rooney Rule hire? Inquiring minds need to know.
    Was going to make a thread like this myself, now I don't have to. It's funny that it's becoming harder (and increasingly more absurd) for the usual haters to come up with reasons why he's a bad coach. I mean, how long can the team "win in spite" of Tomlin before it becomes obvious he's one of the main reasons they're winning?

Legend

User Info Menu

they come around less and less after each win.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They will be back on the next lost.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With all the injuries , suspension, kickers and the play of Vick he could be easily a candidate for the coach of the year.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sure it's the "memory" of "Cowher's players" that are making the difference
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I must admit, I wasn't a fan of Dupree when we drafted him. But, I watch him. And the kid makes mistakes...but has all the tools to not only be good but to be All Pro. I didn't see that coming.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Don't worry, many are saying that Tomlin's an idiot because Jones has been there and they went and got Vick, the clock management before the half (which I didn't like myself) and the 2 point try (which I didn't like either), so don't despair there's still plenty of hate for Tomlin out there.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

This season is all on Mike Tomlin. And I love what I've seen so far. Make it past the first round of the playoffs, and Mike can stick around for a long while IMO.

Listening to Todd Haley on Steelers Nation Radio, he said Mike's been telling him to "let it all hang out", "play to win". That's what I want to hear. They've been doing it on defense for sure. Haley's just been handcuffed with what Vick was unable to do. It was great to see him "let it all hang out" when Jones got in the game.