Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a strange feeling

Legend

User Info Menu

If by some miracle, Ben does play, Haley needs to beat it into his head that it's 3-4 seconds and get rid of the ball. Until he's 100% confident in that knee, it should be zero holding the ball to make one of Ben's magical big plays.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You are a teacher? Ahh, this makes sense to me.
    Please tell me you're not knocking teachers, Shawn.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Jones didn't look "franchisy". He looked good, good enough to help the team. Ben has zero fear of being replaced.
    we know and Ben knows his job is secure... but let's say Jones plays next week and puts up gangster stats? He will start to look franchisy. Fans will start to whisper for Jones if Ben comes back and tosses 3 INT's in his first start.

We know his job is secure but it's still the NFL. If Landry plays next week and tosses 4 TD's sports radio will start talking about it.

This has nothing to do with fear of being replaced... its internal, its that drive to be the best and want to play as many downs as possible and I think the desire increases when QB's like Ben see a back up... a young back up being groomed, go out and toss the rock around just like Ben did when he burst onto the scene.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    I would hope not. I don't think he's that douchey.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    we know and Ben knows his job is secure... but let's say Jones plays next week and puts up gangster stats? He will start to look franchisy. Fans will start to whisper for Jones if Ben comes back and tosses 3 INT's in his first start.

We know his job is secure but it's still the NFL. If Landry plays next week and tosses 4 TD's sports radio will start talking about it.

This has nothing to do with fear of being replaced... its internal, its that drive to be the best and want to play as many downs as possible and I think the desire increases when QB's like Ben see a back up... a young back up being groomed, go out and toss the rock around just like Ben did when he burst onto the scene.
    I appreciate your opinion but I call PHOOEY! I think Ben seriously would be thrilled if Jones put up monster stats next week. I don't think Ben gets enough credit for how selfless he is.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    This isn't the week to let Ben find out if Villanueva can handle one of the premier pass rushers in the game. Let Landry find out and steal another win at KC. It will also give Ben an idea of what to expect from Alejandro. I really hope he isn't ready to go this week, because if he is you know he'll play.

Pappy
    I want to know if Mike Adams is now ready to come off PUP to be our backup swing tackle again. A PUP designation means you need to miss a least the first 6 games, and now we are beyond that.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I happened to see a highlight clip that showed Ben right after the 88-yard TD. He looked like the happiest man on earth.

The OP said that a franchise QB doesn't want to see his replacement looking "all franchisy". Why would a guy whose job is secure NOT want to see his team win? smh
    When did I say anything about Ben not wanting to see his team win?

My fear is Ben wanting to play earlier to help us win because he sees our offense with all its weapons and Landry putting up big numbers.

If he is healthy then sure... but how many times has Ben come back early?

These HOFer QB's hate being in the sideline and they are extremely competitive. It's different watching a Vick or a Batch who you know is a stop gap versus watching a guy like Landry who is being groomed.

Ben is itching to get back now that Bryant is back and balling. But is he ready? Is he healthy? Will he rush now that Landry showed out or will he take another week or 2 since Landry may be the answer to our backup woes and get us another W?

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I appreciate your opinion but I call PHOOEY! I think Ben seriously would be thrilled if Jones put up monster stats next week. I don't think Ben gets enough credit for how selfless he is.
    who said he wouldn't be thrilled? The goal is the playoffs... of course Ben wants Landry to do well and win games. However, does Landry playing well ease Ben's nerve and give him time to rest or does he rush back?

Right now I'm hearing Ben plans to play vs KC.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    If hes ready to play why wouldnt he play? I get playing it safe if hes not ready, but if he is theres no logical reason to keep him out
    we are 1-5 when Ben comes back after injury. Maybe that is due to who we played but I have a feeling it's due to not being ready and getting the proper amount of reps.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    grabs popcorn...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville