Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Landry Jones

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Landry Jones

I've said it since preseason, " Landry Jones has improved " I've said it from the start also, " how can Jones be so poor of a player that Vick was considered better ? " Had this been the case, Why was Jones even on this team ? Why doesn't the coaching staff get slapped around by the Rooney's if they have a lack luster player in Jones ?
    Also, I want to see the love affair or ego Tomlin has if he starts Vick the additional needed games with Ben out.

Rookie

User Info Menu

in my opinion this is what was needed to motivate L.Jones The ideal of having to replace BigBen might have been a little overwheming for him.The ideal of replacing M.Vick was something like this(hey!I can do better than this guy)With this win his confidence can do nothing but grow.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have been saying play Landry in the chat room the last 2 weeks due to Vick looking like trash. I honestly expected Landry to make a few mistakes but I also thought he would respect the rush and get the ball out since he knows the offense and is a pocket passer.

I didnt expect him to play this well tho.. lol
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Landry Montana !!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hasn't Ben started all 32 regular season games over the past 2 seasons that Landry Jones has been on the Steelers roster? Despite what we've seen in training camp and in preseason games today was Jones's first legit opportunity to get behind center in a regular season game and he made the most of it. I get the impression that a lot of Steelers fans think that he's a bum but the fact is that he really hasn't even had the chance to suck when it matters most.

Backup

User Info Menu

I know that I for the last two weeks have said get Jones in, watching Vick go 3 n out repeatedly was driving me crazy.But Idid not think Jones would look so good. Then again he is a pocket passer, and knows offense far better than Vick. What was interesting was how the offense opened up we he came in. With Vick it was very tight, then it always looked like Vick was scared to throw the ball, then when he did he was late with the pass. Jones was a very nice surprise.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    Landry Montana !!!
    HaHaHaHa

Tom Landry Bert Jones

Hall of Famer
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't most fans excited when Jones was signed by the Steelers as a rookie ? But what the heck, we are excited for most of our signings. Bradshaw was not good with his on the job training his early years. Maybe Jones can or has developed a different way with the way his Steeler career has gone ? I know this is only one game but, it is fun to rally behind Landry Jones with his first win... Maybe Jones is a spotlight player ? Clark Kent in practice, Superman game time !

Backup

User Info Menu

I for one was one of his biggest critics and I'm proud to say I was wrong. He came in and instantly the playbook was flung wide open and it showed in a big way. Guess it just proves that our offense is loaded with enough talent that even with backup QB play we can still potentially reach our 30 PPG threshold (that and Jones deserves to be our #2 moving forward). I feel as the season goes on, this team feels more and more like a championship caliber team. Can't wait to see the insanity that ensues when Ben comes back, though I'm glad it seems we have the latitude to take our time on that front.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Charlie Batch on the fan couldn't say enough in Landrys favor. He said the guy knows this offense, could read the defense and had command. As someone said, I think the best thing that happened to him is, he was thrown into this game and no time to get the pregame nerves or over think the game...