Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want any SD defensive back.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I want any SD defensive back.

Chargers DBs putting on a clinic on how to defend the pass. When was the last time we saw that from a Steeler DB? Maybe Taylor in his prime, Woodson?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought the same of their secondary. I hate ESPN camera work for the games. It sucks

Legend

User Info Menu

Blake took notes...lol
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pretty easy to look good when Vick is QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Pretty easy to look good when Vick is QB.
    this too... lol.

they are jumping late passes...

but I bet money if Vick was playing against us he would have 300 yards passing and 100 on the ground
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I take it back. After my post our DBs played well, unless it was Antonio Gates time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    I take it back. After my post our DBs played well, unless it was Antonio Gates time.
    I thought our DB's played solid as well. Gates gives everybody fits. Do you go with a LB or a S or what? It's almost as bad as covering Gronk

In other news, I'm glad we won. Not just for the sake of the win, but, I'm convinced that had we lost, Ben would try to rush back...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm happy with the improvement among our DBs.

Legend

User Info Menu

There were open WR's that Vick was late delivering the ball, didn't see, or he didn't have enough time to throw. The Chargers did a good job applying pressure for much of the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I'm happy with the improvement among our DBs.
    Me too...I figured with our offense, we could be real contenders if our defense was simply mediocre (as opposed to painfully below average). However, now that our offense is a shell of its former self without Ben in there (to put it mildly), it's been our defense more than anything that's been winning games for us of late. That said...huge test coming for the DB's with Fitz, John Brown, and Michael Floyd coming to town this week. I sure hope we don't have to start Golden and Shamarko at safety next week.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.