Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adam Sheffer of ESPN is reporting that Shamarko Thomas is on the trading block.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bad thread title is bad. ESPN said he should be traded, not that he's being shopped. There is a big damn difference.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The problem is the return game in the NFL has completely changed starting the year Archer was drafted. Prior to that he may had been returning like one out of every three or four kicks. Now with the rules against returns and most kicks being blasted out of the end zone his opportunities are probably like one out of ten

He'll never get to prove he has any value at that rate.
    It's ridiculous that the NFL purposefully changed the extra points because they became stale, predictable, and dull, likely to encourage more two-point conversion attempts which can be interesting, exciting, and dramatic.

And then they changed kickoffs, which were interesting, exciting, and dramatic plays, into something that is now stale, predictable, and dull.

Way to go, Goodell.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It's ridiculous that the NFL purposefully changed the extra points because they became stale, predictable, and dull, likely to encourage more two-point conversion attempts which can be interesting, exciting, and dramatic.

And then they changed kickoffs, which were interesting, exciting, and dramatic plays, into something that is now stale, predictable, and dull.

Way to go, Goodell.
    Player safety!
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Player safety!
    Who gets hurt on kickoffs? Special teamers. Rookies and fringe guys. If they get hurt, it really doesn't effect the balance of a team's season. Now that kickoffs go out of the end zone routinely, no time runs off the clock (which normally would start when the returner catches the ball and starts his return). That means that there would be more plays on offense and defense (if less time comes off the clock on ST's) for the stars to get hurt, which impacts the balance of a team's season.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

What round pick would we need to give up for a team to take him?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    What round pick would we need to give up for a team to take him?
    I think they'd be happy with a Primanti's sandwich and 2 cans of Iron City (16 oz, but could be talked down to the 12 oz.)

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Bad thread title is bad. ESPN said he should be traded, not that he's being shopped. There is a big damn difference.
    Not what I heard. My friend said he heard him say that, too. I may be wrong (not divine after all), but I am sure of what I heard.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would love to see the Steelers sign Eric Weddle in the offseason.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I would love to see the Steelers sign Eric Weddle in the offseason.
    Dreaming can't hurt, right?

[url]http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/ESPN-says-Chargers-safety-Eric-Weddle-could-be-Steeler-in-2015-40068390[/url]
    If I spell a word incorrectly or make a grammar mistake, I apologize. English is not my native language.

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=brazilsteel;654156]Dreaming can't hurt, right?

[url]http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/ESPN

That would be an incredible signing