Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead to San Diego

Legend

User Info Menu

Looking ahead to San Diego

Actually feeling good about this game despite the cross country travel involved that seems to mess up teams.

1. Vick gets lots of practices which helps him and the rest of the offense
    2. Bryant is back...although not sure how game ready he is
    3. San Diego didn't exactly look like world beaters against Browns
    4. Perhaps we get Shazier back with the extended time between last Thursday and next Monday
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I have a good feeling about this game, if we can pressure Rivers. I think we have 4 to 5 sacks.

Legend

User Info Menu

I will be there, and I haven't seen them win live in the last few games. A win would be amazing.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

I feel pretty good about this game as well, but the superstition in me is a little cautious. I'll be attending this game (my friend got us box seats), but it's worth mentioning the team has yet to win a game I've gone to (Colts game 2008, Patriots 2010, and that horrible Raiders game in 2013).

Legend

User Info Menu

If Mike Vick can protect the ball the same way he did versus the Ravens, make a couple more simple throws and use his legs without relying on them the Steelers should be okay. Hopefully, they'll lean on Bell and Williams a bit more in this game, but still give Vick his chances to make plays. I would say lean on Brown more, but to lean on Brown you have to throw the ball to him, with Bell and Williams Vick only needs to turn around and hand it to them, something that is done at over 99% rate of completion in the NFL.

Of course, the defense needs to continue to show up like they have this year so far.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

This is almost a must-win game. The Bengals are rolling and get the Seahawks in an early start after Seattle plays on Monday Night. Same situation Steelers got with SF. If the Chargers win, they'll be 3-2 vs. the Steelers 2-3 and own head-to-head tiebreaker and the Steelers will be 0-3 in the AFC. It's early, but it was in 2013 when the losses piled up and we couldn't recover.

That said, the OP cited all the reasons to be optimistic. San Diego looks like an 8-8 team to me at best.

Legend

User Info Menu

Shazier was back at practice today and was quoted as saying he felt, "A lot better. A whole lot better."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Shazier was back at practice today and was quoted as saying he felt, "A lot better. A whole lot better."
    I'd like to hear Mike say that "I feel better in the offense, a whole lot better."

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 10-06-2015 at 08:44 AM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Can he kick field goals?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Can he kick field goals?
    Can he play center...oh, wait, are we having that problem again or not?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -