Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Positives from the PIT BAL Game

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought there were way more positives than negatives in that game. I expected that we'd struggle across the board and was pleasantly surprise we were in the game. Until the missed FGs at the end, other than the AB drop in the end zone and getting gouged by the Ravens' rushing attack, everything else seemed pretty good to me given the circumstances.

And kudos to our D for pressuring Flacco. That was the best part of the performance. Seems our D might have some potential by season end. I'm not the biggest fan of our NT and OLBs just yet, but the rest of the positions seem to be playing above expectations. Kudos to Butler even though he looks dopey sometimes. And kudos to Tomlin too who's been more involved on the D.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I thought there were way more positives than negatives in that game. I expected that we'd struggle across the board and was pleasantly surprise we were in the game. Until the missed FGs at the end, other than the AB drop in the end zone and getting gouged by the Ravens' rushing attack, everything else seemed pretty good to me given the circumstances.

And kudos to our D for pressuring Flacco. That was the best part of the performance. Seems our D might have some potential by season end. I'm not the biggest fan of our NT and OLBs just yet, but the rest of the positions seem to be playing above expectations. Kudos to Butler even though he looks dopey sometimes. And kudos to Tomlin too who's been more involved on the D.
    Something not seen much in the LeBeau era... CB blitzes, seem to be hitting home.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Defense seems to be coming together. Not too happy with how the DL held against the running game, but they've been good until that point. Best part of the D was that the Safeties didn't look like unSafeties for a change.

Despite what people are saying, I thought Vick looked like a decent #2 QB.

Bell is still Bell, even without the threat of Ben.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Starter

User Info Menu

457 yds for McCown vs Rats today. Does this mean he is nearly 4 times better than Vick with 124 yds? I sure hope they take the shackles off Vick tomorrow night. The Rats secondary sucked and we didn't really attack it. SD defense sucks too. Let's open it up and stop playing scared! Tomlin says, 'we don't live in our fears'. Ok so prove it. They've had a week and a half to get ready. No more excuses!

OT: the injuries sure continue to pile up for the Rats, I heard forsett and dumervil got hurt.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Browns' kicker hit a FG in overtime....hopefully, we now have one of those...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    457 yds for McCown vs Rats today. Does this mean he is nearly 4 times better than Vick with 124 yds? I sure hope they take the shackles off Vick tomorrow night. The Rats secondary sucked and we didn't really attack it. SD defense sucks too. Let's open it up and stop playing scared! Tomlin says, 'we don't live in our fears'. Ok so prove it. They've had a week and a half to get ready. No more excuses!

OT: the injuries sure continue to pile up for the Rats, I heard forsett and dumervil got hurt.
    Vick had ONE day of practice leading into that game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Vick had ONE day of practice leading into that game.
    And it was only a walkthrough.

[url]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9232799-74/vick-haley-steelers#axzz3oGcbQfLx[/url]
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 10-12-2015 at 01:06 AM.