Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: JJ

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    In the game they won, against St. Louis, JJ played more snaps than Harrison...
    Maybe JJ was playing with a couple of injured groins vs. the Ravens.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Jones 40 time when he came out 4.92 Chickillo 4.79.
    Which isn't really relevant to rushing the passer. Which means Jones sucks in other areas, too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Which isn't really relevant to rushing the passer. Which means Jones sucks in other areas, too.
    When you can't run down Joe Flacco rolling out against his body it matters.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The bottom line in all this, is that Jarvis Jones isn't a difference-maker. Putting aside his draft status for a moment: I think all of us would agree that he can play in this league. At this point, I'd say he is a Clark Haggans type of guy: Haggans would be a bum as a 1st round pick, but we generally think of him in a positive light, as a 4th round pick or whatever he was.

I think Jarvis can even emerge beyond that... maybe into a poor man's Jason Gildon in time.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    The bottom line in all this, is that Jarvis Jones isn't a difference-maker. Putting aside his draft status for a moment: I think all of us would agree that he can play in this league. At this point, I'd say he is a Clark Haggans type of guy: Haggans would be a bum as a 1st round pick, but we generally think of him in a positive light, as a 4th round pick or whatever he was.

I think Jarvis can even emerge beyond that... maybe into a poor man's Jason Gildon in time.
    And, again, you have to compare JJ with the other players available in that draft. Not many difference makers at all in that first round.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm willing to give JJ the rest of this season before deciding what the rest of his career will look like. I think his problem is technique, he is coming in to high and getting no leverage.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I'm willing to give JJ the rest of this season before deciding what the rest of his career will look like. I think his problem is technique, he is coming in to high and getting no leverage.
    In the first two games, especially, he played well. And, even in the Ravens game, Forsett was not running to JJ's side.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    In the first two games, especially, he played well. And, even in the Ravens game, Forsett was not running to JJ's side.
    Ya I don't think he has been bad, I'm just saying I think he is not that great of a pass rusher because of his technique, there is room for him to improve.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Ya I don't think he has been bad, I'm just saying I think he is not that great of a pass rusher because of his technique, there is room for him to improve.
    Let's not kid ourselves. He was drafted for the pass rush and to replace Harrison. He was not drafted to be "not bad." It's not just his technique, he is not fast or explosive so he can't beat a Left Tackle.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves. He was drafted for the pass rush and to replace Harrison. He was not drafted to be "not bad." It's not just his technique, he is not fast or explosive so he can't beat a Left Tackle.
    Assume you are right: who in that draft is?