3 8.33%
  • Antonio "Hands" Brown

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's to Blame for this Loss?

Legend

User Info Menu

Who's to Blame for this Loss?

There's some positives in this game, but just as many negatives. Overall, it's great that we were in this game to the end given our circumstances. At the same time, it's a shame we couldn't have made one extra play to put us over the top.

Who deserves the most blame?

There's a lot of fingers to point. The obvious answer is the kicker and/or the coaching. But I'm going with AB because of his dropped TD pass. He's a leader on this team. Gotta expect him to step up and make a play there especially without Ben.

Any number of plays could have made the difference. So many little mistakes that all added up. I guess I expected Vick to make some bad plays. I expected our kicker to miss every kick he tried. I expected the Ravens to push our Dline around and run the ball. I expected Tomlin to rely on his gut and make some off the wall decisions. But the one thing I don't expect is for AB to drop a pass in the endzone that hits both of his hands.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow you are reaching with AB. When I look at the score near the end
    1) kicker
    2)kicker
    3)kicker
    4)Tomlin
    5)Haley
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My impression was that they played turtle ball in most of the second half after going up 20-7, but then went to an empty backfield pass play on 4th-and-one with game on the line. An odd call, I thought, even if you acknowledge that Vick didn't execute the play. You could check off about six of the choices to blame for all that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    My impression was that they played turtle ball in most of the second half after going up 20-7, but then went to an empty backfield pass play on 4th-and-one with game on the line. An odd call, I thought, even if you acknowledge that Vick didn't execute the play. You could check off about six of the choices to blame for all that.
    might have cost us the game... how do you not have Bell as an option for the D to respect?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    might have cost us the game... how do you not have Bell as an option for the D to respect?
    saw that play coming a mile away...I agree Bell should have had the ball with game on the line....

Legend

User Info Menu

Haley. Balt pulls to 20-14 late in the 3rd. To that point LeVeon Bell has 13 carries. Time to ride him, right?

Nope - next drive 1 pass, 2 sacks. Next drive, 1 run, 3 passes. Next drive 1 run, 1 pass, 1 sack.

8 drop backs for the guy who they didn't want to win the game, 2 carries for the best RB in the league.

Haley is garbage. The only game where the offense lived up to the hype was the one where Ben called all of the plays.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I selected Offense, simply because that 2nd half was pretty offensive to me. Tomlin, Haley, Scobee.. all to blame. But Tomlin is HC, so he takes the credit, really.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Haley. Balt pulls to 20-14 late in the 3rd. To that point LeVeon Bell has 13 carries. Time to ride him, right?

Nope - next drive 1 pass, 2 sacks. Next drive, 1 run, 3 passes. Next drive 1 run, 1 pass, 1 sack.

8 drop backs for the guy who they didn't want to win the game, 2 carries for the best RB in the league.

Haley is garbage. The only game where the offense lived up to the hype was the one where Ben called all of the plays.
    this... and even when Vick was passing half the night it was those stupid screens that everyone saw coming.

i screamed, begged and pleaded for a bootleg on that last drive. We line up and tell the world its a QB sneak.

Ben is awesome running Haleys offense but Haley is pretty bad at calling a game.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

This Steelers team offense is not really that good without a QB with a deep ball threat to open up running lanes and crossing patterns.

We were good enough to almost win. All this Monday morning QB stuff doesn't really change anything. We're not a good team right now with Ben off the field. We dropped a sure TD pass in the end zone, and the equivalent of a TD with a missed extra point (2 missed kicks). Odds are huge we would have won without those fubars.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Backup

User Info Menu

Pretty easy - Scobee.

I think you missed an option -"Armchair QB fails to phone in correct play".

I never understand the need for all the hand wringing and gnashing of teeth about plays. It can be fun to second guess but our calls may not have worked out either. Personally I like being aggressive on 4th down. And be honest, if they make either of those 4th downs we're singing a different tune Sadly,it just went against us last night.

This team will be fine.