Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How long can Vick win for us?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Isn't that sort of hit to QB's supposed to be illegal? Accident or not, the guy crawled a good distance and didn't let up to go for the knee hit.
    Pereira said that the hit was ILLEGAL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

all i know is we have a pretty tough schedule. on the plus side - vick will have more weapons at his disposal than he's ever had before. two great backs and 2 great receivers with 2 more solid WR's behind them. The short week will be tough. But he will have 10 days to get ready for SD.

anything can happen.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    ESPN just posted some recent stats on Vick and they are not pretty. Lost twice as many games as won, QBR in the last 3 yrs worst in the NFL.
    He wasn't exactly on terrific offensive teams and he wasn't a full time starter with the Jets. I'm not saying Vick is going to be a world beater but he's our quarterback now. He still has a cannon and legs to get free if necessary and our offense is probably the best offense he's had player wise in his career. I'm anxious to see how he does with a full week of starting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, my trip to the San Diego game just turned into a bummer.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

I didn't think we'd make the playoffs w/Ben. With Vick the chances don't improve. At least now Tomlin fanboys have a built in excuse if they fail to make the playoffs though. The 2nd half of last season MT coached like I hoped he would when he was signed. Him leading this team to the playoffs would shut me up about him. You'd never hear me utter a bad word about him again. It's a tall task, but good coaches overcome adversity. I actually think next game is a must win if they want to make the playoffs because I see 5 easy losses after it and 9 wins won't get us in. It could be a blessing in disguise as the defense will need to step up and gel. If they can the Steelers will be scary if they can weather the storm because their offense is SB caliber especially once Pouncey and Bryant get back

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KYPITTFAN View Post
    I was at the game today, Vick looked lost.
    Amazing Steeler crowd overtook the Rams fans by far.
    STL has a top 5 front 7. The game was on the road and he was playing with a lead. He was just trying not to lose it. A full week of practice should help.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Well, my trip to the San Diego game just turned into a bummer.
    Oh, no! You poor guy! Whatever will you do is San Diego in October?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Baltimore sucks and we are at home for a Thursday nighter, which almost always goes to the home team. @SD is tougher, but they don't look very good. We also get Bryant back for that game. Arizona looks beastly, but it's at home. Hopefully Vick will be in a groove by then. @KC will be a lot like yesterday, except we'll have to deal with Charles.

Need to go 2-2 at worst, otherwise the Bengals will run away with the division and we'll be 3-4 or 2-5 trying for a wildcard.

KC and SD are critical as we'll be fighting with them for a potential wildcard.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 09-28-2015 at 08:03 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

one game at a time. I remember when everyone predicted 1-3 cause Ben was serving his 4 game suspension.

We will be ok. Baltimore doesn't look good but it's still a rivalry so who knows...

But ummm....this is why you never celebrate another player getting injured. The football karma gods have spoken.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    one game at a time. I remember when everyone predicted 1-3 cause Ben was serving his 4 game suspension.

We will be ok. Baltimore doesn't look good but it's still a rivalry so who knows...

But ummm....this is why you never celebrate another player getting injured. The football karma gods have spoken.
    Karma and football gods are for small minded people. I hope you're kidding with that nonsense.