Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers' Starting D...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    god forbid lebeau was still at the helm, this place would melt

we are gonna find out pretty quick its always been a talent issue and not scheme as many pointed out

and I know its only preseason, but cam heyward sure as hell doesn't look like a 10 million per player
    Lebeau's scheme masked our lack of talent.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would think giving up 530 yards and 43 points to buffalo qualifies for some teeth gnashing

that was real ugly whether you watched it in ff or not

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    You're probably right. I was likely too hard on Dick (so to speak) and now we're left with the dunce of a head coach in charge.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    got embarrassed by 3 back up qbs and a qb that will be cut next week while throwing to #3-#6 wide outs.
    90% completion rate.
    Very concerning. 90% is extremely difficult to achieve.
    consider this: Landry Jones didn't complete 90% of his warm up tosses on the sideline.

Backup

User Info Menu

I would think giving up 530 yards and 43 points to buffalo qualifies for some teeth gnashing

that was real ugly whether you watched it in ff or not
    1st string line beats up 2nd string line and you expect a different outcome?!?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelnavy View Post
    absolutely. We couldn't even get guys to drop a pass.
    Going into this game the Bills DIDN'T HAVE a GUY THEY THOUGHT COULD START now they don't know who to cut.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I saw a serious lack of competitiveness from our defense. you are literally the only person I have seen or heard defending this effort.

we must have watched different games and at different speeds

Backup

User Info Menu

I saw a serious lack of competitiveness from our defense. you are literally the only person I have seen or heard defending this effort.

we must have watched different games and at different speeds
    Not defending it, it sucked to watch, but not sure how you expect 2nd stringers to be able to harass the qb, or our 2nd string O to get any traction against their starting defensive line.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not defending it, it sucked to watch, but not sure how you expect 2nd stringers to be able to harass the qb, or our 2nd string O to get any traction against their starting defensive line.
    we will agree to disagree on this one then. If none of our 2nd stringers can be counted on to contribute in any meaningful way, then that doesnt say much about the state of your defensive football team.

and not to pick on any one player but JJ was out there well into the 2nd half so it wasnt entirely a team of back ups

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree.