Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Vick on his way.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sorry Guys...No idea if its me or the website.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm a meat eater too, but we're probably not supposed to eat me. Those darn vegans live longer, typically don't get cancer or heart disease or diabetes...

Although I do predict that in the not too distant future there will be a group of plant activists telling us that plants have feelings too and it won't be socially acceptable to have a garden either.
    You should look up the song "Carrot Juice Is Murder" by Canadian comedy band The Arrogant Worms. They have other funny stuff as well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    I wrote this in another thread, but it belongs here as well...

If you aren't already, you need to educate yourself on all the facts of what this scumbag did. The dog fighting in itself is horrible, but how those dogs were treated while they were alive, and how he killed them after they couldn't fight any longer is utterly disgusting. He hung them, drowned them in a bucket of water, beat them or picked them up and smashed their bodies against the hard ground until they died. Want more? The dogs were chained down in the back of his property with no protection from the elements. They had no shelter in the blazing hot sun or freezing winters. He put those dogs through a living hell on earth. They suffered terribly at the hands of this abusing POS. He is a morally bankrupt psychopath. Me and my family will never watch him play in a Steelers uniform... ever.

This is a new low for the Rooney's and this organization.
    Is this groundhog day?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Is this groundhog day?
    No it's a sad day...

Legend

User Info Menu

Ironically, it's national dog day today.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Lots of interesting comments in here. I’ll make one on the football side…We needed a vet backup. If the Steelers feel he is the best answer…I’m ok with it.

A little about me… I grew up on a farm raising beef cattle. Butchered our own…Enough said. I’m a carnivore who only classifies himself as an omnivore when the meat is all gone lol. I hunt. IF there is ever a real reason ANY animal needs to killed…I have no problem pulling the trigger myself. I like dogs…I was a breeder of St Bernards. I don’t believe in “animal cruelty” on any level of any species. Am I a hypocrite? Hell no…I have K9 teeth & sometimes circumstances arise where you show you are top of the food chain.

To the Broad spectrum of crime & animal vs human…I’ll say this. Human vs Animal…Not same discussion. Although neither are acceptable in our society…You can’t look at them the same. Does anyone in here think the Steelers or any other team in the NFL would sign a cold blooded killer & say he made a mistake…he paid his debt? What Vick did was wrong…period. Vick paid for his crime. He was given his second chance in the NFL because “society” separates Human vs animal into 2 rooms. Evidence to that is in this thread. He has “shown” remorse & is “trying” to do the right things. Is it Genuine? Who knows. Nobody has to like Vick the person by choice…I’m not a fan of his yet. Nobody has to cheer for him by choice. You can be reserved on how you feel because he is wearing a Steelers uniform…Again your choice. You want to hate the Steelers for signing Vick…That’s you choice too. I’m sure the Steelers did their due diligence on his character since returning & discussed the impact of this signing. The Steelers are human too…But I trust in them. I Believe! So if the Steelers “Believe”…I will too because he is wearing a Steelers uniform on the field.
    Actually,I like dogs more than I like most people

Legend

User Info Menu

Totally agree buccoray61! Give me a nice bottle of bourbon, my 2 Boxers, and the back porch and I'll take that over going to a bar everyday of the week.

Legend

User Info Menu

I am amused by people that continue to diss the food industry for their practices. There are approximately 7.5B people in the world today that require an average 1000 calories of intake per day to maintain their health. There is simply not enough arable land on the planet to sustain this without the modern methods of farming, GMO, and animal husbandry. Without it we would be left with the stuff of "Soylent Green".. for those old enough to have this seen prescient movie.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I am amused by people that continue to diss the food industry for their practices. There are approximately 7.5B people in the world today that require an average 1000 calories of intake per day to maintain their health. There is simply not enough arable land on the planet to sustain this without the modern methods of farming, GMO, and animal husbandry. Without it we would be left with the stuff of "Soylent Green".. for those old enough to have this seen prescient movie.
    Soylen Green is people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    Soylen Green is people!
    ....spoiler.....