Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Big Legursky is Back

Legend

User Info Menu

The Big Legursky is Back

Looks like Legursky will back up Wallace.

[URL="https://twitter.com/steelers"]Pittsburgh Steelers@steelers [/URL] [URL="https://twitter.com/steelers/status/636153694908715008"]11m11 minutes ago[/URL]
    We have signed free agent OL Doug Legursky & placed WR David Nelson on the Reserve/Injured List.

Legend

User Info Menu

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Legursky". You're Mr. Legursky. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't ask me why, but this makes me very happy. Outside of the fact that he can't play anything but CENTER, however Wallace can play Guard if needed.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Makes a big statement about what the team thinks about B.J. Finney and Reese Dismukes. Also I think Hubbard proved this past Sunday he offers nothing as back up Center. I like this move a whole bunch
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Legursky". You're Mr. Legursky. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
    I only mention it because sometimes there's a man. I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin about the Dude here. Sometimes there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Makes a big statement about what the team thinks about B.J. Finney and Reese Dismukes. Also I think Hubbard proved this past Sunday he offers nothing as back up Center. I like this move a whole bunch
    I have no idea how he's doing but Dismukes was never going to be a center (even after winning the Remington award last year) for the Steelers. When they first released their list of undrafted free agents he was listed as a guard. He's still listed as a G on the roster today. He has the smallest hands at the Senior bowl so that's been a concern since he was signed.

Would have hoped Finney was showing more.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pouncey really tied the whole o-line together.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legursky is coming off a knee injury, so I don't think he is a lock. If he does make it, I think he takes Wallace's spot as the top backup. I'd think that Finney could still take Hubbard's spot.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i would hope they look hard at other teams cuts

i have a hard time believing Hubbard and Finney are the best available options. both of them look worthless to me

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I have no idea how he's doing but Dismukes was never going to be a center (even after winning the Remington award last year) for the Steelers. When they first released their list of undrafted free agents he was listed as a guard. He's still listed as a G on the roster today. He has the smallest hands at the Senior bowl so that's been a concern since he was signed.

Would have hoped Finney was showing more.
    I'm sure guys like McCullers have been feasting on these small hand guys all throughout camp. It will be interesting to see whether a fellow, small guy (Legursky) will be able to do anything with these freight trains we got there now (McCullers, McLendon).
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.