Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1st team offense look

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yes it was.
    I thought this thread would be about the starting offense with a QB with a perfect QB rating, dominating on-line play, a running back averaging 9 yards a carry, and a second year receiver who blew past the defense at will.

They look like they might be the best Steeler offense EVER.

NOT ONE WORD in 17 posts after the first was in any way about the ridiculous ease at which the 1st team offense dominated.

But let's focus on how DOOMED WE ARE because of how terrible our THIRD STRING QB IS.

DO YOU PEOPLE ENJOY focusing on all things negative?
    In fairness to those focusing on the 3rd string quarterback, the expectation is for the 1st team offense to be very productive and they played one series flawlessly, after that we had to watch the non-NFL caliber offense struggle to move the ball to even within FG range. There is only so much to say about 6 play, 80 yard TD drive culminating with a 44 yard TD pass that looked ridiculously easy.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    Jones sucks...if Grad cant play because of injury, they need to bring someone in...and soon!
    I'm not sure about that... Jones isnt good but he looks much better in the pocket. His accuracy is still awful but he has made some good throws and WR's have dropped them.

The kid isn't that bad, I want to see what Boyd can do. I think he may surprise people.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes it was.
    I thought this thread would be about the starting offense with a QB with a perfect QB rating, dominating on-line play, a running back averaging 9 yards a carry, and a second year receiver who blew past the defense at will.

NOT ONE WORD in 17 posts after the first was in any way about the ridiculous ease at which the 1st team offense dominated.

But let's focus on how DOOMED WE ARE because of how terrible our THIRD STRING QB IS.

You are right Cap...let's focus on the first team O. I see that Brown had one catch for 6 yards. Projecting that out over 16 weeks, that is fewer than 100 yards on the season! How is our number one receiver going from almost 1700 yards to under 100??? This is awful!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm not sure about that... Jones isnt good but he looks much better in the pocket. His accuracy is still awful but he has made some good throws and WR's have dropped them.

The kid isn't that bad, I want to see what Boyd can do. I think he may surprise people.
    He is pretty bad, but your right his receivers have made some drops. The problem is he is making bad reads and errant throws on every single series, the fact that he has some poise in the pocket is probably due to the fact he is facing a lot of vanilla schemes right now. If this guy got into a regular season game or a playoff game im not confident we could get first downs, let alone touchdowns.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    You are right Cap...let's focus on the first team O. I see that Brown had one catch for 6 yards. Projecting that out over 16 weeks, that is fewer than 100 yards on the season! How is our number one receiver going from almost 1700 yards to under 100??? This is awful!
    LOL...A smartass comment but very funny.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Oh you wanna play.
    Well that is one catch PER DRIVE.
    If Bryant can get 2 catches and a touchdown every drive......I don't care what Brown does.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Yes it was.

Good point...The first string offense looked unstoppable...at least for the one series they played. Now hopefully they can consistently move the ball at will. It will be interesting to see how the red zone offense improves...we wont always be scoring from 40 - 50 yards out...I am very excited about the offense this year.

However if Ben goes down for any period of time...we are done.

My original point (aside from how bad LJ sucks) is that if Grad is not healthy, we need to bring another QB into camp...How many points has LJ contributed to and in how many quarters? I don't know the answer but I can assure you its pathetic...

I wouldn't care as much if we had a healthy #2 QB...We have a lot of weapons on offense...but only 1 QB at the moment that can get them the ball...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Landry Jones is a waste of time. And this matters a lot right now, with Gradkowski inured and Roethlisberger at 310 pounds.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    He is pretty bad, but your right his receivers have made some drops. The problem is he is making bad reads and errant throws on every single series, the fact that he has some poise in the pocket is probably due to the fact he is facing a lot of vanilla schemes right now. If this guy got into a regular season game or a playoff game im not confident we could get first downs, let alone touchdowns.
    Its rare for a 3rd stringer to win a playoff game
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Its rare for a 3rd stringer to win a playoff game
    The point is we have no shot with him under center, if injuries occur at that position, we need someone in there that does something well. Landry has already shown he can't put together drives against vanilla defenses, he doesn't have a big arm so he doesn't get give you that quick strike ability, and he isn't mobile so no hope of him helping you with his legs. If he can't be accurate and beat you with his mind he is useless to have.