Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League - Chadman and Eniparadoxgma needed

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

League vote - set draft order before or after keeper decisions?

I personally like it after, adds some excitement

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    League vote - set draft order before or after keeper decisions?

I personally like it after, adds some excitement
    After, that is part of the strategy. Otherwise it is too easy a decision.

Starter

User Info Menu

I will take Adam Viantieri as my keeper.

I vote before on the draft order.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, we've always set the draft order after we've made our decision on keepers.

I would like to know the draft order as soon as possible after keepers are finalized though, rather than waiting until a half hour before the start of the actual draft.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not trying to hijack... I could use your immediate feedback.

I'm trying again to get a FF thing going for a large group of 5th grade kids. I tried last year unsuccessfully. This year, I'm thinking of assigning each kid a team and the corresponding division (e.g. Steelers-->AFCN). There are roughly 32 kids-->32 teams. That would be their pool of players (quite a large pool). They will compete head-to-head just like any FF league, in a 10-week league. After that, we will have a playoffs.

From what I know about it, there are $ values assigned to each player in fantasy. I'm thinking of having a salary cap each week. So that (e.g. $200 cap), they get to pick whoever they want from their division. The trick here is: How to make it where kids who are assigned to the same division, don't ALL end up picking the same guys. I want to make it where they become familiar with the team they're assigned (e.g. forcing them to somehow use x% of their cap on players from their team?)

My other question here is, whether you all think that the divisions are relatively equal. Would a team assigned to (e.g.) NFCN, have a distinct advantage over a team in (e.g.) AFCS? If you were in this league, would you all end up wanting the same division?

I have other questions, but those two stick out. Sorry again for the hijack... I just could use the advice, or the encouragement.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MR.V. View Post
    I'll take one if still available.
    PM me your email address and I'll send you an invite to take over Chadman's team.

Deadline to choose a keeper is tonight, but I'll give you 24 hours after signing up if you need it. Once you have chosen yours, we will set the draft order. Rules for choosing a keeper are:

You can select one player from your (Chadman's) team from last year. You get to keep that player and they will be assigned to you in the draft round that they were chosen last year. The only trick to know - there is a maximum value of 5 rounds, based on the current yahoo rankings.

Go to 'draft' tab and drop down to 'last season' - you will see last year's selection round as well as current ranking. So, for example, if you choose to keep Odell Beckham Jr - he was undrafted last year, but is currently ranked 9th, aka a 1st rounder. You would get to keep him, and he would count as your 6th round draft pick this year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What round would it be if I kept Martavis Bryant as a keeper? And what round for Megatron if I kept him again?
    Last edited by eniparadoxgma; 08-25-2015 at 06:26 PM.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    What round would it be if I kept Martavis Bryant as a keeper? And what round for Megatron if I kept him again?
    10th round

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Thanks, D. What about Megatron? If he's going to cost a 2nd again I'm going to keep Bryant.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    Thanks, D. What about Megatron? If he's going to cost a 2nd again I'm going to keep Bryant.
    Yeah, Megatron would be a 2nd