Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it me or is Ben....

Backup

User Info Menu

Is it me or is Ben....

FAT???

Seriously looks like he put on 25 pds. Too many Roethlisbergers?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Like the majority of Americans, he looked fat. Not Walmart fat, more like Burger World fat. Doesn't bode well, this resurgent portliness in the QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not a lot different than last season in my view.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Probably no difference. He just didn't have pads on to relatively make his fat head look smaller.

But yes, he did look chubs out there in street clothes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Skill positions need to be in shape before training camp. Quarterbacks can still use training camp to get in shape. When I was in Latrobe, when Ben wasn't involved in the drills going on, he would go to an adjoining field and jog the length of it several times. I'm not worried. I don't want a skinny Ben anyway. Some extra padding can help cushion his internal organs from damage when he gets hit. It's not that I want him to get Jared Lorenzen level fat back there or anything, but Ben's belly is the last thing we need to worry about. He's a married dad now...it's natural.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Like the majority of Americans, he looked fat. Not Walmart fat, more like Burger World fat. Doesn't bode well, this resurgent portliness in the QB.

He's fat. That's also why I never buy into Tim Tebow working out like a bodybuilder or Cam Newton all rocked up. Heck, even Neil O'Donnell used to bench a house. All that stuff means nada.

I remember watching one of those all-star, QB challenge things or something when John Elway was playing--the guy had a helluva front porch.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hell yeah! Phat with P-H baby!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Still, he could cut down on the Three Musketeers sauce. Body by Pillsbury.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post

He's fat. That's also why I never buy into Tim Tebow working out like a bodybuilder or Cam Newton all rocked up. Heck, even Neil O'Donnell used to bench a house. All that stuff means nada.

I remember watching one of those all-star, QB challenge things or something when John Elway was playing--the guy had a helluva front porch.
    it is indicative of poor workout habits and diet. Not a good sign. Even the biggest fanboy apologist has to admit that. I don't understand why they all don't look like Andrew Luck. Take your job seriously. Workout for crying out loud. It's just pure laziness. It's not just Ben either. But he has to be one of if not the least in shape QB in the league. It's funny, because when a certain LB we had a few years ago was fat and out of shape it was front page news. But with Ben it's okay lol.

Rookie

User Info Menu

That certain fat, out of shape LB missed a lot of games. How many games has Ben missed these last two seasons?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.