Thread: CBS Analyst picks Ben Roethlisberger as an MVP sleeper

Legend

User Info Menu

CBS Analyst picks Ben Roethlisberger as an MVP sleeper

[URL]http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/CBS-Analyst-picks-Ben-Roethlisberger-as-an-MVP-sleeper-38114147[/URL]

From CBS:

CBS Analyst picks Ben Roethlisberger as an MVP sleeper

Big Ben for MVP?
    Given the offense that Steelers quarterback [URL="http://247sports.com/Player/Ben-Roethlisberger-75953"]Ben Roethlisberger[/URL] has this season, he could very well find himself in the type of situation that would make him an MVP candidate.
    CBS Sports writer Will Brinson has Roethlisberger on his list of MVP sleepers for the coming season.
    "It's entirely possible — likely? — 2014 was the best season of Roethlisberger's career," Brinson wrote. "He managed to take a step in Todd Haley's offense, combining an impressive mental approach to the game with his already ridiculous physical skills. Roethlisberger looked like a quarterback who could easily manage to mature well, something that hardly seemed likely when you think about some of the hits and the style of play that marked the early part of his career.
    "He'll have a more experienced wide receiver corps in 2015 with Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton and Martavis Bryant. With Le'Veon Bell likely to miss time (up to three games depending on his appeal ruling), Ben could be forced to throw even more (although Bell actually helps the passing game), which could push him into the 5K club. If the Steelers defense is even average, Pittsburgh could easily eclipse double-digit wins. If a few things break their way and Roethlisberger carries them to 12-14 wins, it's an MVP season waiting in the wings."
    Roethlisberger was number two on Brinson's MVP sleeper list, behind Andrew Luck of the Indianapolis Colts.
    Sounds good!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it is very possible, but he is going to have to be among the top 3 QBs in the league for TD passes and we would have to win the division for that to come true. I think that Luck is the flavor of the week among NFL pundits so anything close will go to him. Most of the media has wanted that since he came out of college.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think it is very possible, but he is going to have to be among the top 3 QBs in the league for TD passes and we would have to win the division for that to come true. I think that Luck is the flavor of the week among NFL pundits so anything close will go to him. Most of the media has wanted that since he came out of college.
    they want it but it won't happen. Luck is good, but he isn't THAT good yet. He throws a nice amount of INT's... until he gets that under control he will be in the discussion but he won't win the award.

Ben probably won't win it either due to the obvious.,
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He won't win. It says he's a sleeper. That's all you need to know right there. Ben just can't do anything to get the respect he deserves!

Backup

User Info Menu

Sleeper my ass

#7 Ben Roethlisberger
    Pittsburgh Steelers2014 Record: 11-5
    CMP% PYd PTD
    67.1 4952 32

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He holds the ball and makes plays. Scrambles and avoids the rush and wins 2 super bowls without all of the stats needed in today's stupid fantasy football BS and they say he's not elite. He's not MVP. Ben evolves, elevates his game and does exactly what his detractors say he can't do. Still no respect. What's new? We all know why