Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: puff puff give

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

puff puff give

lotta announcements coming out about players being suspended for PED/illegal substances.
    Made me wonder if it's about time for the NFL to lighten up on the marijuana policy. Seems like a pretty hefty fine (and suspension in Bell's case) for something that the entire country is pushing for legalization..

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope they DON'T "lighten up" on punishment for DUI (which is what Bell was suspended for). People are getting killed because of it. If anything, they ought to make the penalty more severe for driving impaired, IMO.

Simple possession or usage of pot is another matter. Although I can't say I'm crazy about lowering any of those kinds of standards. Most of the employers I'm aware of are not lowering them.

I would like to see consistency in the application of the penalties for breaking these rules.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 07-02-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

"Hey Le'Veon, you got a joint? It'd be a lot cooler if you did."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I hope they DON'T "lighten up" on punishment for DUI (which is what Bell was suspended for). People are getting killed because of it. If anything, they ought to make the penalty more severe for driving impaired, IMO.

Simple possession or usage of pot is another matter. Although I can't say I'm crazy about lowering any of those kinds of standards. Most of the employers I'm aware of are not lowering them.

I would like to see consistency in the application of the penalties for breaking these rules.

lol................

Legend

User Info Menu

"lol" -- why? Because I think the NFL should punish players for impaired driving? Or because I'm not excited to see the NFL lower its standards? Or because I'd like to see consistency in its penalties?

Legend

User Info Menu

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/02/mcclain-richardson-both-failed-to-choose-football/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"lol" -- why? Because I think the NFL should punish players for impaired driving? Or because I'm not excited to see the NFL lower its standards? Or because I'd like to see consistency in its penalties?
    I think it's for the word "consistency" lol
    I agree with the DUI aspect, what I don't agree with is if they light up a joint and are using it responsibly in that they use it WITHOUT driving.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    "Hey Le'Veon, you got a joint? It'd be a lot cooler if you DIDN'T."
    fixed that for ya.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's probably because Az is pro MJ use. As a good libertarian I am all for personal liberties, and personally I don't believe in the criminal punishment of any drug use. With all that said, the NFL is a business and is fully within it's rights to punish said actions. I do find it sad that the punishments for deflating a ball, driving impaired, being accused of a crime (yes not convicted), and beating your woman unconscious are relatively the same.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Imho the MJ suspension will change to a fine only in the not to distant future. We're not talking about a game changing PED for example.