Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rashard Mendenhall "Balling Out" with a New Career

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Jezz, take it easy, geeks. It's a difference of opinion. Keep believing Roethlisberger doesn't throw it up for grabs whenever he goes long.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Jezz, take it easy, geeks. It's a difference of opinion. Keep believing Roethlisberger doesn't throw it up for grabs whenever he goes long.
    Or that he does. Whatever rocks your boat..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here is play in question - what are you even talking about? Looks like usual wounded fish attempt by Roethlisberger to go long.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8iqMXyOZZc[/URL]
    I get that you're trying to get some attention or something, but Kemo got owned on that play and it interferred with the pass. Ben's thrown a lot of bad balls, but that one wasn't on him. I still think it's the play that lost the game for us though.
    How bad was Wallace at actually tracking a ball? He had no idea where it was even at.

Legend

User Info Menu

It was a bad throw regardless of the blocking. Chances of completing that pass to WALLACE in double coverage was slim to none.

No way Ben throws that ball another 15 to 20 yards and that's how far he would need to throw it given the coverage.

Best bet would be hoping that pass sailed out of bounds
    Last edited by feltdizz; 06-29-2015 at 09:49 AM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Throwing deep up for grabs and praying for a pass interference call is a major part of Joe Flacco's game.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It was a bad throw regardless of the blocking. Chances of completing that pass to WALLACE in double coverage was slim to none.

No way Ben throws that ball another 15 to 20 yards and that's how far he would need to throw it given the coverage.

I disagree. Wallace had the coverage beaten the guy who made the INT was way behind...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I disagree. Wallace had the coverage beaten the guy who made the INT was way behind...
    Wallace had probably 2 steps on the closest guy. Ben gets that pass off, it's a 90 yrd touchdown instead of a pick 6

Rookie

User Info Menu

It's to be wrong. Just say, "My bad," and move on.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Watch the video. Wallace is 3 yards beyond the ball -- an easy extra length for a pass that long. He's got at least a step on the guy behind him, if not two.

It would've been a good one. If he actually caught it in stride and didn't slow down marginally to catch it, there's no way the guy behind him would get to him before the EZ. That pass turned the game -- a possible 14 point swing.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Yes, I remember Ron Jaworski analyzing the play and noting how Mike Wallace had his man beat, and Roethlisberger's initial pump-fake made Nick Collins flinch enough to take him out of the play initially. Then Chris Kemoeatu let him back in the play...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.