Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaboly report on Keith B defense

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Somehow have trouble believing that LeBeau never emphasized putting pressure on the passer. I think he did it when he had the personnel to do it. Also fail to see the significance of "under LeBeau...you knew every drill that was coming up". It's practice. What difference does it make?

Didn't Gay jump routes last year, sometimes with good results, one time not so good ( right before halftime as I recall)? Was he coached to do that or just freelancing?
    He was talking about the drills being used.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Could you imagine how much Hell DL would have gotten when his Db's routinely got burned bc they were jumping routes? When you have a good cb who is good at jumping routes, then go for it. This is rookie CAMP. Wait till these guys try to jump a double move on Steve Smith and look flat footed as he's standing in the endzone. Then tell me how much you love this whole "Jumping Routes" thing. Just because a guy can pick off Tajh Boyd in Rookie Mini camp doesn't mean he's gonna do it in the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    When will you ever learn that Lebeau was a hack and had no idea how to coach a defense? At some point you'll understand that he was really the village idiot and had no idea what drills would work to make a player better, how to install a defense, and how to use personnel.

Here's to a new dawn and hopefully one that has the Steeler defense back on top of the pack as a feared defense, they will need it, because the offense, while potent, will be inconsistent as we have seen for many years.

Pappy
    We all know that isn't true. Just like reasonable people know LeBeau was not without his shortcomings. LeBeau had a great defense when he had the perfect combination of players. However, my point has always been he did not adjust to what he had versus what was that perfect combination.

As a knowledgeable fan you have to admit you could watch a game and with a high degree of accuracy predict exactly who was going after the QB on any given player. You know this the professionals on the opponents side could too? The whole "tackle the catch" was nonsense as the league expanded to a pass first league. It almost guaranteed the opponents could get first downs on a routine basis.

As much as you may want to portray a different point of view as a vendetta against a coach you seemed to think highly of, that was never the case. It was simply some never saw him above the criticism every other coach got and never cared about what happened in the past because that never won a single game in the here and now.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Could you imagine how much Hell DL would have gotten when his Db's routinely got burned bc they were jumping routes? When you have a good cb who is good at jumping routes, then go for it. This is rookie CAMP. Wait till these guys try to jump a double move on Steve Smith and look flat footed as he's standing in the endzone. Then tell me how much you love this whole "Jumping Routes" thing. Just because a guy can pick off Tajh Boyd in Rookie Mini camp doesn't mean he's gonna do it in the regular season.

Probably significantly less "hell" than Arians or Haley would had ever gotten because of "red Zone" inefficiencies. Or much less than Tomlin and Colbert would had received over a draft pick. Or.......

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Probably significantly less "hell" than Arians or Haley would had ever gotten because of "red Zone" inefficiencies. Or much less than Tomlin and Colbert would had received over a draft pick. Or.......
    really? SO if we went several years of having inefficiencies (like Arians did in the RZ), you think he would haven't taken flak for it? You just went full retard.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If Butlers' D can somehow create more sacks and turnovers, I think it will be safe to say that, perhaps, it was time for a change.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    really? SO if we went several years of having inefficiencies (like Arians did in the RZ), you think he would haven't taken flak for it? You just went full retard.
    Dude.. went several years with a declining defense who couldn't get sacks or int's and all we got were excuses for why it was OK because it was Lebeau.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Another thing he mentioned was Tomlin bringing a lot of input now.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Dude.. went several years with a declining defense who couldn't get sacks or int's and all we got were excuses for why it was OK because it was Lebeau.
    Don't use logic or attempt to have an adult discussion. "Retard" seems to be the extent of his ability to discuss a subject.

And you are correct. The issue was several years of declining sacks and INTs for a defense that was supposedly designed specifically to create them and the "mastermind" behind that defense was not held accountable by some because of what happened in the past which was essentially meaningless. It appears he was finally held accountable this past off season by the organization which is not a bad thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If Butlers' D can somehow create more sacks and turnovers, I think it will be safe to say that, perhaps, it was time for a change.
    I agree. Butler now has an opportunity to prove himself and I'm certain that if he doesn't make the defense better, few if any on this board will be making excuses because of the players he has.