View Poll Results: Who has the upper hand now heading into the season opener?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steelers

12 70.59%
  • Pats**

5 29.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season Opener: Steelers/Pats**

Legend

User Info Menu

Season Opener: Steelers/Pats**

So, looks like both teams enter the season opener sans one of their super star producers. Question: Who has the edge now?

1. Steelers
    2. Pats**

What say yinz?
    Last edited by Jooser; 05-09-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Steelers. We still have Big Ben. They will have Janeane Garofalo.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Of course Pittsburgh!
    NE will be missing their QB and RB for different violations. Plus they got a slow start last year. Expect them to lose big.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Rookie

User Info Menu

BTW:

[url]http://www.nepatriotslife.com/2015/04/deangelo-williams-still-bitter-about.html?m=1[/url]
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I liked our chances in this game even with Brady playing. With the players they lost, the Pats defense is as big of a question mark as ours. Our offense, in my opinion, is significantly superior to theirs from top to bottom. Being at home and having Tom Brady under center were the primary reasons most folks were favoring the Pats in the first place. Now, it looks like the more important of the those two will be eliminated.

With no Brady, I say we will lay the wood on them in front of the world.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm still not convinced that Brady will even get a suspension. And if he does, what are the odds that it is appealed and he's allowed to play in that first game.

Backup

User Info Menu

Make no mistake, Garoppolo is a pretty capable quarterback. Of course he's no Tom Brady, but he could be the starting QB in, at least, 1/3 of the league.
    The Steelers have to be prepared for this kid, but I think we still come out on top.

Starter

User Info Menu

NE has the edge. They have the better coach, who consistently gets the best out of his players. The game is in Foxborough. NE will come out with a giant chip on their shoulder. Our secondary and pass rush are major issues for this team. Bellichick will be ready to exploit that, with or without Brady. The Steelers regularly allow mediocre QBs to light up their secondary.

Hate to be a buzzkill, but that is the truth.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCHammer View Post
    NE has the edge. They have the better coach, who consistently gets the best out of his players. The game is in Foxborough. NE will come out with a giant chip on their shoulder. Our secondary and pass rush are major issues for this team. Bellichick will be ready to exploit that, with or without Brady. The Steelers regularly allow mediocre QBs to light up their secondary.

Hate to be a buzzkill, but that is the truth.
    Of all the things that kept us out of the playoffs by one game over the past 5 years or so, I think that is the key one. We make people like Tebow look like Joe Montana, so often it's almost predictable. Maybe that will change now that we've turned over the defensive coaching, but it remains to be seen whether that's the case.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brazilsteel View Post
    Make no mistake, Garoppolo is a pretty capable quarterback. Of course he's no Tom Brady, but he could be the starting QB in, at least, 1/3 of the league.
    The Steelers have to be prepared for this kid, but I think we still come out on top.
    That's a ridiculous statement with absolutely nothing to base it upon.