View Poll Results: Who has the upper hand now heading into the season opener?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steelers

12 70.59%
  • Pats**

5 29.41%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season Opener: Steelers/Pats**

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    That's a ridiculous statement with absolutely nothing to base it upon.
    I guess you got it wrong, I never meant he was a Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck kind of player. But he is more capable than Geno Smith, Johnny Manziel, EJ Manuel, Robert Griffin III and Colin Kaepernick, for instance.

Legend

User Info Menu

RG3 and Kaepernick have already led NFL teams to playoff births. Garropolo has never even started an NFL game.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    RG3 and Kaepernick have already led NFL teams to playoff births. Garropolo has never even started an NFL game.
    Yes, they have. When read-option was something new in the NFL and their game was mostly read-option. Now that teams learned how to defend against it, they can't even get a record greater than .500.

Legend

User Info Menu

brady aint missing this game, goodell, wont let it happen.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    brady aint missing this game, goodell, wont let it happen.
    I disagree, Shady Brady* will not only miss the season opeer but a few more games after that as well...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I disagree, Shady Brady* will not only miss the season opeer but a few more games after that as well...
    I think he ultimately misses 6 games. 2 for the act itself. 2 for lying to Goodell. 2 for not cooperating with the Wells investigation. Maybe they originally give him 8 games (4 for the act itself) which ultimately gets reduced to 6 on appeal. That means that he would miss game #5 and game #6 against the Colts and Jets, since it was games against the Colts and Jets that started this mess originally. That also means that he would make his season debut on Thursday Night Football on NFL Network for game #7 vs. Miami, making up for missing his originally scheduled debut on TNF on week 1.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think we have the edge on the road because they will be down Shady** and Dumptruck Jr**. I think we can find enough ways to score and pull it out with Ben lighting them up with all the WR weapons we have. Look for Deangelo to have a nice game as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think as long as Goodell in in the position he is in his bff Robert Kraft and his team will always have the advantage.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Patriots now favored by less than a field goal in opener

Posted by Mike Wilkening on May 11, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT

Even with quarterback Tom Brady suspended for the first four games of the 2015 season, Nevada sports books continue to list the Patriots as favorites over the Steelers in Week One.

However, New England isn’t favored by much.

In the wake of Brady’s suspension late Monday afternoon, multiple Nevada books now list the Patriots as anywhere from 1.5- to 2.5-point favorites over the Steelers, per VegasInsider.com. Before the ban, the Patriots were six-point favorites.

The Brady suspension has also had an effect on the Over-Under, which is a gamble asking bettors to choose whether a game’s combined points scored will tally lower or higher than the posted total. The Over-Under, which was as high as 53.5 points earlier in May, is now as low as 49 points, per VegasInsider.

The line and total moves in the aftermath of Brady’s ban highlights the materiality of quarterbacks relative to pro football linemaking. Quarterback news moves betting markets like no other player news.

And in the case of New England, Monday brought bad news.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/11/patriots-now-favored-by-less-than-a-field-goal-in-opener/[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Roethlisberger: 'Not the same' playing Patriots without Tom Brady

Jeremy Fowler, ESPN Senior NFL Writer

PITTSBURGH -- The Patriots-Steelers matchup in Week 1 would be better off with Tom Brady involved, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said at Tuesday's session of organized team activities.

Roethlisberger, whose Steelers have faced New England eight times since he was drafted in 2004, jokingly asked if everyone's sure Brady won't be in the lineup, a nod to Brady's looming appeal of his four-game suspension for his role in the Deflategate controversy.

"He's a guy, I've said for a long time, he's the best in the business, and he proved it again last year winning his fourth [Super Bowl]," Roethlisberger said. "If he's not out there, it's not the same. I have a lot of respect for him on the football field and some of the unbelievable things that he's done. I guess we'll wait and see what's finally going to happen."

The league has not yet heard Brady's appeal, which the NFLPA filed for Brady on May 14, three days after the league issued the suspension.

The Sept. 10 game will lack its usual star power as Pittsburgh running back Le'Veon Bell is set to miss three games for marijuana use, as well.

The Steelers are months away from preparing for New England's offense, which helps explain why Brady's backup, Jimmy Garoppolo, isn't a household name in the Steelers' facility.

Garoppolo was a second-round pick in 2014 who completed 19 of 27 passes for 182 yards and a score in relief of Brady last season.

"If it's a new quarterback, who is it, what's his name, Gappo?" outside linebacker Arthur Moats said. "Either way, you definitely want to confuse them. That's the goal for any quarterback you play against."

Other Steelers didn't feel strongly about Brady's potential absence.

"I don't care," running back DeAngelo Williams said. "It's not my team. I don't play against Tom Brady anyway. I play against the defense."

Outside linebacker James Harrison said he was here to discuss Steelers OTAs, not the Patriots.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12956033/ben-roethlisberger-says-new-england-patriots-pittsburgh-steelers-matchup-better-tom-brady-playing[/URL]