Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A WAY TOO EARLY post-draft attempt to predict a 53 man roster & 10 man practice squad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    That depends on how the team is looking at it. If they believe that Cortez' problems last season were due to the injury that has just been made public, and they expect him to return as the promising player they believed he was at this time last year, then it is not as thin as we think it is.
    Yeah, all 5 corners I listed at least show some promise...Gay had his best year ever last season, Antwan Blake is ascending, both rookies have value, and it's possible that Cortez's issues last year may have had a lot to do with injury, since he was promising enough prior to last season to get himself a solid second contract with the team.

Defensive end, on the other hand, has two solid players in Heyward and Tuitt and then a who bunch of crapola behind them. God forbid if either of them get hurt. If that happened (knock on wood), I'd advocate moving McLendon to DE and starting McCullers at NT before starting any of our backup DE options.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, all 5 corners I listed at least show some promise...Gay had his best year ever last season, Antwan Blake is ascending, both rookies have value, and it's possible that Cortez's issues last year may have had a lot to do with injury, since he was promising enough prior to last season to get himself a solid second contract with the team.

Defensive end, on the other hand, has two solid players in Heyward and Tuitt and then a who bunch of crapola behind them. God forbid if either of them get hurt. If that happened (knock on wood), I'd advocate moving McLendon to DE and starting McCullers at NT before starting any of our backup DE options.
    I agree, and then the question becomes, why even have them as options.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree on DE. That is why I would rather keep a developmental player around than Thomas. Of course, I think that most of us would not still have Thomas on the roster if we were GMs, so what do we know?

Legend

User Info Menu

We are often wrong on players...I recall not being able to believe that they kept Suisham after his first full season with the team. Sure, when we signed him in the middle of the year as a replacement for Jeff Reed, he was a massive improvement for the last half of that year, but the next year when the full time job was his and his alone all season...he was God awful. A truly pathetic performance. Couldn't believe the team even considered asking him back again the following season. But they did, and he's been solid ever since, so what do I know?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

We are often wrong on players...I recall not being able to believe that they kept Suisham after his first full season with the team. Sure, when we signed him in the middle of the year as a replacement for Jeff Reed, he was a massive improvement for the last half of that year, but the next year when the full time job was his and his alone all season...he was God awful. A truly pathetic performance. Couldn't believe the team even considered asking him back again the following season. But they did, and he's been solid ever since, so what do I know?
    That a question we all have asked at one time or another. Just what does he know?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    That a question we all have asked at one time or another. Just what does he know?
    I know how to use Google Image Search and make endless movie references.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yea, but 'what if' Cortez isn't the same player as they thought he was? You've got 2 rookies on the CB list, and Blake and Gay... Not sure if it's wise going into the season that thin at CB.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We can only do so much...its the best group they could assemble at the position. We just have to hope their judgement is correct on some of these fellows and there are more blooms than busts.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Yea, but 'what if' Cortez isn't the same player as they thought he was? You've got 2 rookies on the CB list, and Blake and Gay... Not sure if it's wise going into the season that thin at CB.
    there's also B.W. Webb who was on our roster last year...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Looking at the FA list of CB's.. Sort of thin, but Aaron Ross is available and coming off an injury from last summer, maybe he'd be a reasonable pick up on the cheap.... just saying... would give us some depth at least... Former 1st round pick...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion