Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: This just in....patriots are cheaters!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    There is no clear cut punishment. It is up to that commissioner with unquestionable integrity to determine a punishment. Vacating wins is an option. It won't be seriously considered, though.
    doesn't want the black eye on his leagues face.

if removing banners was in play, they would have already lost one... or more
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    doesn't want the black eye on his leagues face.

if removing banners was in play, they would have already lost one... or more
    Yup. I think this pales in comparison to Spygate. If nothing was vacated then, it won't be here. The NFL, which is so image conscious, will not take an action that calls into question the integrity of the games.

Starter

User Info Menu

A second offense of cheating deserves the works.

Roger can actually use this moment to help him regain some of the integrity he has lost over the years. His image cannot take another hit. The NFL cannot take another hit.

I don't see any other option but to drop the hammer on them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tom "Shady" Brady.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    A second offense of cheating deserves the works.

Roger can actually use this moment to help him regain some of the integrity he has lost over the years. His image cannot take another hit. The NFL cannot take another hit.

I don't see any other option but to drop the hammer on them.
    Man I hope you're right and it goes down like that. Just never seems to go the way we think it should.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7upnext View Post
    I find no difference between doing this and corking a bat in baseball
    Goodell has suspended Albert Belle and Jason Grimsley for 2 games pending appeal
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Either Super Bowl XLIX gets taken away from them or Tom Brady and Bellicheat get more than one game suspensions. If not, Goodballs should be relieved of his job. This has been way too many times that the Patriots have been caught cheating and getting little fines. It's time to take more of a severe action on this team.

If it were me, I'd ban the whole team and make them a team no more.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm a pretty cynical person by nature, but I'm surprised by the lack of outrage here, and all over the media/internet, regarding this. That Report was pretty damn harsh on Brady and the Patriots, and this appears to be cheating of the type that actually changes the odds of winning a game. Are we all so jaded that we think everyone does it (or would do it, if they didn't think they'd get caught), and only the Pats got caught? I guess I'm not there yet. This just seems absolutely scandalous to me, almost criminal in a sense - could any of us do something like this at work, and not expect to be fired?

Starter

User Info Menu

Haven't read the whole report yet, but check out page 21 of the executive summary. It expressly states that Brady refused to provide text messages and emails requested during the NFL's investigation.

Think about that.

Anyone here think they could pull that off at work? Sorry, boss, but I'm going to have to tell you to go f&ck yourself. I'm not going to cooperate. Now where is my paycheck?

The report makes it crystal clear: Tom Brady appeared for an interview, lied about certain things, then refused to cooperate further or turn over text messages or emails related to this incident to HIS OWN EMPLOYER.

In any other context, Brady would have been terminated for insubordination. He's guilty as sin. The NFL knows it and has known it for months and yet no punishment has been administered and the Patriots were allowed to have a normal draft.

The game is up. The league is a joke. The Patriots as an organization and Brady as an individual have called their bluff. And it's all public.

Given all this, I still don't believe the NFL will sit Brady for even 1 game, let alone do anything serious to the Patriots as an organization. I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I'm going to watch the Pirates. MLB, despite instant replay, is still not ruined. Yet.
    Last edited by MCHammer; 05-06-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If they can punish the Saints coach claiming it all falls upon him, Bellicheat should get the same treatment. They questioned what took so long to finally come up with the verdict. Easy answer, " they didn't want to take a draft pick off of them. " I can guess the punishment.... Goodell takes Krafty and Bellicheat out for dinner and they are not permitted to order the lobster.