Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: This just in....patriots are cheaters!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Doug G is a putz. That was just weak analysis. To say that what he did was nothing compared to some guy beating his girlfriend, is to say that crimes and such are OK if there were worse ones committed. Really lame world view.
    Not to mention that 4 games for beating a wife, girlfriend, sister, etc is ignorantly low, that should carry an automatic 1 year (16 games), not 4. Brady's punishment of 4 games for not cooperating with the investigation seems about right to me, particularly, since the Pats are second time offenders NFL rules. I love James Harrison, but he got off easy for hitting his girlfriend/wife a few years back.

It's only a matter of time before the woman in Arizona files either a sexual harassment complaint, gets hit or resigns. I just don't see anything good coming out of hiring a woman to try and coach highly aggressive football players. In my opinion she is putting herself in harms way for no reason. She may know football better than Vince Lombardi, it's still an aggressive sport and some players are slightly psycho.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    While this is true, it isn't as though admitting the truth worked out for Pete Rose...
    Maybe if Rose had owned up to it from the start it would have worked out for him.

I believe that Brady is being punished to the fullest extent simply because he didn't own it from the beginning. All he needed to say was, "I asked that the balls be deflated to within the legal limits and they were inadvertently deflated incorrectly." I believe this fiasco would be over and he'd be playing against the Steelers, IMO. After Kraft accepted his punishment, Brady should have taken a hint and done the same. He may have had it reduced to 2 games, but continuing to perpetuate the lie probably ticked a few people off in New York and he's paying for it right now.

Pappy

7.178 -
    7.195 -

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Maybe if Rose had owned up to it from the start it would have worked out for him.

I believe that Brady is being punished to the fullest extent simply because he didn't own it from the beginning. All he needed to say was, "I asked that the balls be deflated to within the legal limits and they were inadvertently deflated incorrectly." I believe this fiasco would be over and he'd be playing against the Steelers, IMO. After Kraft accepted his punishment, Brady should have taken a hint and done the same. He may have had it reduced to 2 games, but continuing to perpetuate the lie probably ticked a few people off in New York and he's paying for it right now.

Pappy
    Asking for the footballs to be tampered with after the refs check them is still cheating...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Asking for the footballs to be tampered with after the refs check them is still cheating...
    Would still have been better than the current situation, IMO, slap on the wrist, don't do it again, done.

Pappy

7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

While this is true, it isn't as though admitting the truth worked out for Pete Rose...
    well, in the court of public opinion it worked out.

and "working out" in this case is just owning up to the accusations. The first question Jim Grey asked Rose when he was finally allowed into a baseball stadium for the All Star game was "did you cheat" and it ruined his night.

Brady will be asked about deflate gate for the rest of his life until he admits he lied.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy

I agree...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Not to mention that 4 games for beating a wife, girlfriend, sister, etc is ignorantly low, that should carry an automatic 1 year (16 games), not 4. Brady's punishment of 4 games for not cooperating with the investigation seems about right to me, particularly, since the Pats are second time offenders NFL rules. I love James Harrison, but he got off easy for hitting his girlfriend/wife a few years back.

It's only a matter of time before the woman in Arizona files either a sexual harassment complaint, gets hit or resigns. I just don't see anything good coming out of hiring a woman to try and coach highly aggressive football players. In my opinion she is putting herself in harms way for no reason. She may know football better than Vince Lombardi, it's still an aggressive sport and some players are slightly psycho.

Pappy
    So, basically what you are saying is that because professionals in a business can not conduct themselves in a professional fashion women shouldn't be allowed to coach? I'm not buying that. Players should conduct themselves in a professional fashion and if they can not then be disciplined like the rest of society.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Was this ever debunked in any meaningful way?

[url]http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/2015/the-new-england-patriots-mysteriously-became-fumble-proof-in-2007[/url]

This is something I've always pointed to, when Pat* fans try to downplay the significance. I'm curious though, if this has been debunked to any degree... and I should stop considering it in terms of the magnitude (of the cheating)?
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Was this ever debunked in any meaningful way?

[URL]http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/2015/the-new-england-patriots-mysteriously-became-fumble-proof-in-2007[/URL]

This is something I've always pointed to, when Pat* fans try to downplay the significance. I'm curious though, if this has been debunked to any degree... and I should stop considering it in terms of the magnitude (of the cheating)?
    Yeah it probably does have some diagnostic value but dont expect it to ever gain any traction. The NFL needs its dynasties and the Pat**s have already been damaged.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    So, basically what you are saying is that because professionals in a business can not conduct themselves in a professional fashion women shouldn't be allowed to coach? I'm not buying that. Players should conduct themselves in a professional fashion and if they can not then be disciplined like the rest of society.
    Well said.