Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: This just in....patriots are cheaters!

Starter

User Info Menu

In New England it is an "at all costs" culture. From spy gate to deflate gate and anything in between that wasn't caught. That culture has seeped from the game into members' of the organizations regular lives-Hernandez.

The Patriots are an embarrasement to not just the nfl, but to sports in general.

Whats worse is how society has come to terms with the fact that cheating is ok.

its deplorable and it represents a microcosm of this countries culture as a whole.

So effin tired of this crap.

Legend

User Info Menu

we can piss and moan about the way goodell handles the league, but as long as we keep going to games, buying nfl crap and paying for nfl network and sunday ticket, nothing will change.
    players, coaches, owners and the commish dont give a rats ass about integrity or fairness. they could give a **** about us. im sure they laugh at our ignorance and loyalty when we put up with this behavior and still spend our hard earned dollars that goes in their pockets.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Ive seen rumors that it could be as high as a year for Brady. Nothing like that regarding Belicheat but its not outside the realm of possibility.
    Benson would indeed have a strong case...
    I'm thinking they are floating a few different ideas through a few different channels about the consequences to see what the response is from the public. They will choose the most financially safe option based on their read of public opinion.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Beat the he!! out of Ben after the throw and get no penalty. Touch Brady at all and it's 15 yards roughing the passer.
    Why will this event be any different? If Ben did what Brady did, the league would suspend him for 8 to 16 games. The league will do whatever to protect Brady, the Pats, Kraft, and the super bowl winners, unless the league absolutely believes that the public rebels about their decision in this matter.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    we can piss and moan about the way goodell handles the league, but as long as we keep going to games, buying nfl crap and paying for nfl network and sunday ticket, nothing will change.
    players, coaches, owners and the commish dont give a rats ass about integrity or fairness. they could give a **** about us. im sure they laugh at our ignorance and loyalty when we put up with this behavior and still spend our hard earned dollars that goes in their pockets.
    The only time i pay for the NFL is when buying a beer at the bar so i can see a Steeler game.
    I definitely spend more on haircuts and that only happens four times a year.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

The NFL has a few problems when it comes to the punishment. First, there is penalty for this already on the books and that is only a 25,000 dollar fine. Second, the NFL will have to compare the punishments with some of the more serious transgressions and punish accordingly. Meaning, you cant give a guy 4 games for steroids and 4 games for letting the air out of a football or a season for domestic violence and season for letting the air out of a football. Finally, the wells report had a lot of equivocation but didn't have any hard evidence, which is why its the conclusions are worded like, these 2 patriot staffers probably did something and tom was generally aware.

With that being said I hope he is suspended for the first game of the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    The NFL has a few problems when it comes to the punishment. First, there is penalty for this already on the books and that is only a 25,000 dollar fine. Second, the NFL will have to compare the punishments with some of the more serious transgressions and punish accordingly. Meaning, you cant give a guy 4 games for steroids and 4 games for letting the air out of a football or a season for domestic violence and season for letting the air out of a football. Finally, the wells report had a lot of equivocation but didn't have any hard evidence, which is why its the conclusions are worded like, these 2 patriot staffers probably did something and tom was generally aware.

With that being said I hope he is suspended for the first game of the season.
    A one game suspension will do nothing to discourage future cheating. One game is a small price for Brady to pay for cheating that may well have helped put his team in position to win the Super Bowl. He obviously thought it would help him, or he wouldn't have done it. And does anybody really think this one game is the only time Brady ever did this? I think he's been doing it ever since he got the ball handling rules changed back in 2006.

I don't expect it to happen, but I think they ought to kick him out for the entire season.

As far as consistency in punishment, that should be no obstacle for Goodell--haven't you noticed that he has been consistently inconsistent with punishment throughout his reign? If we're talking consistency, then Belichick ought to be suspended, too, just like Sean Peyton was.

As far as not having hard evidence, that hasn't been something the NFL has required in the past when they've handed out discipline.

I don't think any of your arguments really hold any water.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    A one game suspension will do nothing to discourage future cheating. One game is a small price for Brady to pay for cheating that may well have helped put his team in position to win the Super Bowl. He obviously thought it would help him, or he wouldn't have done it. And does anybody really think this one game is the only time Brady ever did this? I think he's been doing it ever since he got the ball handling rules changed back in 2006.

I don't expect it to happen, but I think they ought to kick him out for the entire season.

As far as consistency in punishment, that should be no obstacle for Goodell--haven't you noticed that he has been consistently inconsistent with punishment throughout his reign? If we're talking consistency, then Belichick ought to be suspended, too, just like Sean Peyton was.

As far as not having hard evidence, that hasn't been something the NFL has required in the past when they've handed out discipline.

I just said these will be problems for the NFL when figuring out a punishment Im not sure how they don't hold water or how you don't think they will be factored in? Suspending a guy for 1 season for letting a little air out of a football seems reasonable to you? How can you suspend a guy 4-5 games for PED use and then turn around and suspend a guy for 1 season for letting air out of a football? Also with climate of the nfl the way it is regarding domestic violence do you really think goodell is going to hand out a punishment for a psi violation that is on the same level as those transgressions? Or do you think that's even justified? Suspending him for an entire season would not only be ridiculous it would be a PR nightmare.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post

The text messages show that one of the Patriot** ball handlers referred to himself as "The Deflator".

I think that goes a long way towards answering that question as to whether this was the first time.

I agree - 1 year for Bellicheck. If I were Benson (I'd be confused, but that's not the issue), if I were Benson I would threaten to sue the NFL for loss of revenue and bias against his team if that didn't happen - relating to the Saints losing their coach for a year, for something the NFL admitted he didn't know about, but claimed he "should have".

Also - invalidate all their wins the year the cheating occurred. Yes, that means Seahawks get awarded the SB. (I'm OK with that anyway, now that they are Walrus-less).

And, a lifetime ban for Brady. For a combination of the cheating, and also the obstruction of the investigation (he wouldn't turn his phone/text messages over). He's lucky this isn't the '60s or '70s when the Mob was powerful, or he would have to be worried about getting a visit from Sammy the Horse for all the Vegas people who lost money on the over/under.

BTW - anyone here from Baltimore or Seattle? What is their press saying about all this?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!