Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: All you negative MF's need to shut the F up!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I find it ridiculous to bash a fan for liking or disliking a draft pick. No one has the answers or every draft pick would work out, but everyone has an opinion and thats why we're all here. It's what caught my interest to this board and kept it, because after all the differing opinions, most times, everyone can keep their cool and discuss as its meant to be on a forum. However, in some cases, emotions do get the better of us and this is the result.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I find it ridiculous to bash a fan for liking or disliking a draft pick. No one has the answers or every draft pick would work out, but everyone has an opinion and thats why we're all here. It's what caught my interest to this board and kept it, because after all the differing opinions, most times, everyone can keep their cool and discuss as its meant to be on a forum. However, in some cases, emotions do get the better of us and this is the result.
    Now THAT is well said.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

JD
    Your a wimp, your sitting lapping up Colbert's every word.
    (space for our challenged friend)

You can't stand that the organization outlined their weaknesses and many people with access put the organizations goals in print and on the air before the draft.

The draft in rounds 2 and 3 really didn't address those weaknesses. Especially many fans don't think a 5 8 1/2 corner with the lowest true height measurements - competes well within the division and NFL trend of 6' 4 and 6'5 and TE's lined out wide. The criticism is VALID.

Couple that criticism, with the fact, that round 2 and 3 selections don't seem to be in line with the press conferences at the announcement of Ben's extension. Remember the whole 4 year window thing / limited time frame? Sorry, Colbert's sitting on his hands doesn't seem to match the presser from a month ago. The criticism is VALID.

Only a little (female dog) starts off a post telling anyone who disagrees- to F off.

....to think and ponder what a tool JD is!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    You guys get so angry when fans wish for the best during draft selection. We have no control over the picks. While its ok to be critical of a pick its pathetic to trash fans for rooting for the players once they are selected.

That.is.crazy.
    Did you read the first post of this thread?

Who do you think is angry?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_six_rings View Post
    JD
    Your a wimp, your sitting lapping up Colbert's every word.

You can't stand that the organization outlined their weaknesses and many people with access put the organizations goals in print and on the air before the draft.

The draft in rounds 2 and 3 really didn't address those weaknesses. Especially many fans don't think a 5 8 1/2 corner with the lowest true height measurements - competes well within the division and NFL trend of 6' 4 and 6'5 and TE's lined out wide. The criticism is VALID.

Couple that criticism, with the fact, that round 2 and 3 selections don't seem to be in line with the press conferences at the announcement of Ben's extension. Remember the whole 4 year window thing / limited time frame? Sorry, Colbert's sitting on his hands doesn't seem to match the presser from a month ago. The criticism is VALID.

Only a little (female dog) starts off a post telling anyone who disagrees- to F off.

....to think and ponder what a tool JD is!
    And Antonio Brown is just another shrimp WR at 5'10", 186 lbs that will never amount to more than a 3rd string player.

There are plenty of NFL players that have performed beyond their physical attributes. A lot depends on how hard they want to work...

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Felt, Eddie, and 7
    I want to thank your posts in particular and point out -I root for every Steeler. I don't care if they were mocked here, there, by who, etc. After the draft and the season starts, it's over. I watch every game, follow Steelers news, radio interviews, etc. It is my opinion, along with many others, that the draft played out poorly in rounds 2 and 3 in terms of the parameters set by many coaches, position coaches, and management on how we get to the next level (after winning our division) dovetailed with the 3 / 4 years left with Ben.

That's it. We, surely don't need Colbert lapdogs, announcing we all need to F off.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I actually think we had a pretty good draft. I liked most of the picks, thought a couple were questionable. Just like most years

My issue is with some here who lose their minds when you suggest you might not like a player for one reason or another. I guess they feel like they must be a part of the PR wing or somethijg. If the steelers drafted half as well as some seem to think we do on draft weekend, we would win the damn super bowl every year. Its funny

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    great post $$$$

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

said better than I did -
    Eddie
    "My issue is with some here who lose their minds when you suggest you might not like a player for one reason or another. I guess they feel like they must be a part of the PR wing or somethijg. If the steelers drafted half as well as some seem to think we do on draft weekend, we would win the damn super bowl every year. Its funny"

Legend

User Info Menu

Over the past 8-9 years, how many of the Steelers drafts have the fans gone ga-ga over, and how many of them really turned out to be good drafts? The year the Steelers drafted Mendenhall, I thought they made a tremendous haul, and a few years later, we see that it was horrendous. Let's revisit this draft in a couple of years, maybe 3 years, and compare how good it proves to be then with how good we think it is now.