Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your favorite pick?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Who's your favorite pick?

Given the draft value, who was your favorite pick?

I don't know if it is my favorite, but the kid from the U is very interesting. Some of the things I've read say he can be suited to 3-4 DE. At the same time, others say that he is a good prospect at 4-3 DE. I don't think he fits at OLB (as Colbert is saying; I remember them saying the same about Keisel). In any case though, he is intriguing.

Senquez is the other one. I'm pretty sure he'll be a good player for us.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think we got a steal in Dupree at #22.

Also really like getting Jesse James in the 5th Round. It was a no lose pick. Only used a 5th Round pick and got a guy loaded with potential who is only 20 years old and has great upside
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Jesse James is also my favorite pick. I like everything the Steelers did yesterday.

Legend

User Info Menu

I liked pretty much all of the picks.. looking at value, the kid we got from OSU in Rd 4, the TE in 5, and the Holloman kid in 7... lots of potential there.

I saw on one mock draft board in January where they had the Steelers taking Holloman in Round 1. Unreal how so much can change in just a few months time... in the off season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really liked the Holliman pick. Think we got really good kid at a heck ofa spot. I don't care that he can't hit. He has ball skills which is something we've severely lacked for year. Let Mitchell or Shark be the enforcer and let the kid play center field.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I really liked the Holliman pick. Think we got really good kid at a heck ofa spot. I don't care that he can't hit. He has ball skills which is something we've severely lacked for year. Let Mitchell or Shark be the enforcer and let the kid play center field.
    Holliman is my favorite defensive pick. Ridiculous value. Jim Thorpe Award winner. I looked at a handful of the past winners. Man, that is some good company.

And then there is Coates. Can't stop thinking about the fireworks that await when Brown, Bryant, Coates, Miller , Bell and Ben are all on the field together.

Have fun with that.

And how good will the defense become having to go up against that day in and day out.

Yeah. Great draft.

Just put my shades on...

Legend

User Info Menu

My favorite pick is round 1. I started watching some clips at the beginning of the draft season, knowing we needed a pass rusher - I was expecting Worilds gone either way. I found him interesting, and thought as time progressed that he was slipping out of reach. I thought that after Ray and Gregory's troubles that he would really slide away.

They had dinner with him at his pro day. The team did their homework on this guy. I can't wait to see what they saw.

Another pick I am interested in seeing is Holliman. They also met with this guy for dinner, and I remember threards about him being an early round prospect. He was the only safety drafted, and this is one position that could easily justify a guy from out of nowhere making it.

BTW...

Going by several lists of pre-draft and combine visits, I believe that the only two players who the team drafted, who they did not meet with, are the two sixth rounders - Walton and chickillo. They even met with UDFAs Cameron Clear and Tyler Murphy.

They should have their due diligence complete on this draft class.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not a buyer on Holliman. I just can't imagine how a guy with 14 picks, wins the Thorpe Award, falls all the way to the 7th round of the draft. It just does not make sense, and makes me think there is something that we are completely ignoring... besides his confirmed atrocious tackling.

Of course, I had the same attitude about Martavis (thinking: how could a guy with that much ability, slide that far. He must be garbage).
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

None of them they all suck. Dupree isn't Shane Ray, our CB are too short to be effective. Our TE is slow and sucks. Chickillo is fat and slow. The D lineman is terrible. Holliman can't tackle.

The Steelers were outfoxed by every other team in the draft. Colbert knows nothing.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jesse James ... because it pitted some people off that we picked him even in the later rounds, so he can have a big chip on his shoulder now, and he is only 20 with room to grow.